Karl Rove on the Ground Zero Mosque, Prop. 8, and Republican Strategy from now to election day

Valin

transcripts.aspx?id=fa6f26df-f5ed-4da8-80ac-31ce98a0e447
Hugh Hewitt Show:

Friday, August 13, 2010

HH: Joined now by Karl Rove, The Architect, author of Courage And Consequence, available at Amazon.com, and now a talk radio show host. Hi, Karl, welcome.

KR: Hugh, how are you?

HH: I’m great. How did you enjoy your time behind the golden mic of the EIB?

KR: Well, it was lots of fun, but boy, I walked away with a healthy respect for people like you and Rush and Sean and others who do this day in and day out. I mean, it took a lot of preparation, and boy, when I walked out of the room, my brain hurt.

HH: Hey, and by the way, how is your book doing?

KR: It’s doing great. They’re very happy with it. The publisher, Simon And Schuster, they want to bring out a paperback version in November, and they’ve asked me to write a new chapter, which I’ve done, on President Obama and the Democrats, and we’re putting it in final stages, and it’ll be out in early November.

HH: Then we’re going to do the long sit-down then when the new one comes out. By the way, have you talked with President Bush about his book yet?

KR: Yeah, absolutely. Absolutely. And he’s, it’s pretty well put to bed. They’re honing the plans for its launch on the 9th of November, the week after the election. And it’s going to be, I’ve read a little bit of it. It’s going to be very good.

HH: Do you think it will impact the elections if it’s leaked before then, and do you worry about it being leaked by people inside of publishing?

KR: Well, and it won’t be leaked beforehand. It is, there’s no intent to get pre-publicity by leaking certain elements of it, and putting it in the hands of this journalist or that. It won’t be shipped until literally, you know, it won’t be put on the trucks until the day before, and it won’t hit the warehouses until after. I mean, President Bush did not want to be, his book to be part of the 2010 election, and to give Democrats any sort of ability to shoot at it. And so the plan has always been to bring it out after the election, and they’re taking special steps to make sure. I mean, it’s an embargoed book, so this is a book about which they made a deliberate decision they don’t need to let little tidbits out in order to entice people to read it.
(Snip)