Obama’s Race Obsession

Valin

Contentions:

Jennifer Rubin

It seems a lifetime ago that Obama represented hope for a post-racial presidency and in fact a post-racial era in American politics. Like so much else about Obama, the reality is the opposite of what was promised. Jake Tapper relates a rather amazing effort to inject race into the war against Islamic terrorists:

In an interview earlier today with the South African Broadcasting Corporation to air in a few hours, President Obama disparaged al Qaeda and affiliated groups’ willingness to kill Africans in a manner that White House aides say was an argument that the terrorist groups are racist.

Speaking about the Uganda bombings, the president said, “What you’ve seen in some of the statements that have been made by these terrorist organizations is that they do not regard African life as valuable in and of itself. They see it as a potential place where you can carry out ideological battles that kill innocents without regard to long-term consequences for their short-term tactical gains.” …

Explaining the president’s comment, an administration official said Mr. Obama “references the fact that both U.S. intelligence and past al Qaeda actions make clear that al Qaeda — and the groups like al Shabaab that they inspire — do not value African life. The actions of al Qaeda and the groups that it has inspired show a willingness to sacrifice innocent African life to reach their targets.” … “In short,” the official said, “al Qaeda is a racist organization that treats black Africans like cannon fodder and does not value human life.”

Oh, good grief. Al-Qaeda isn’t a racist organization — it’s an organization that kills regardless of race anyone who stands in the way of its Islamo-fascist vision. The notion that it is racist is not only ignorant but also transparently manipulative. Does the administration really think that Africans can only be motivated if they think race is behind the slaughter of their people? And does Obama mean to suggest that al-Qaeda is pro-white? The mind reels.....(Snip)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

shoutValin

shoutClearvision

I posted earlier on Krauthammer on this. Will try to find his quote on this.

This is idiotic.

righteousmomma

shoutValin

shoutClearvision

This is idiotic.

NO, IT IS IDIOCY--some things just deserve to be screamed at!

Pepper, I would love to see Dr. K's take on this.

shoutValin

shoutClearvision

This is idiotic.

NO, IT IS IDIOCY--some things just deserve to be screamed at!

Pepper, I would love to see Dr. K's take on this.

shoutRightheousmomma!

Your wish is my command.

It is worth a thread of its own. Will put link here in a sec.

Here it is

And if somehow [Al Qaeda] appointed a black African in charge of, I don't know, blowing up the girls schools, we'd be OK with that?

Edited by Pepper