'If White People Didn't Insist on Being White, There Would Be No Such Thing As Race'

Geee

if-white-people-didnt-insist-on-being-white-there-would-be-no-such-thing-as-race-98418449.html
Washington Examiner:

‘If white people didn’t insist on being white, there would be no such thing as race.’
By: DAVID FREDDOSO
Online Opinion Editor
07/14/10 11:25 AM EDT

Courtland Milloy in today’s Washington Post Metro section:

f white people didn’t insist on being white, there would be no such thing as race.”

I have no idea what to make of this quote. Or of the column in which it appears, which I would be at a loss to summarize because it doesn’t really have a point. I assure you that I’m not taking it out of context unfairly, but read the column if you don’t believe me.

And you’ll have to use my link, because it’s impossible to find from the Post’s main page, probably with good reason.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/13/AR2010071305864.html?sub=AR

If white people didn’t insist on being white, there would be no such thing as race.

After reading Milroy's full column in the WaPo... this inane statement made more sense than anything else that he wrote! :blink:

If white people didn’t insist on being white, there would be no such thing as race.

After reading Milroy's full column in the WaPo... this inane statement made more sense than anything else that he wrote! :blink:

It's all quite simple, really......since only white people are capable of bigotry and racism, more and more people are claiming to be white so that they, too, can have the intrinsic right to be a racist.

I think.....

clearvision

I believe Obama now says Al Queda is racist, because they attacked in Uganda. So it is not just whites any more...

SrWoodchuck

shoutGeee! Thanks for your post.

First, I reject the notion that only gender, ethnicity or sexually deviancy are arbiters to experience bigotry. Put 'politic' behind each of these and you have an agenda, for creating straw 'white-men' and rewriting history.

Example: I had the chance to talk to many women about their feelings regarding the Equal Rights Amendment, during the campaign for that Amendment. I owned a bread delivery business, for a French Bakery [Vie de France] and delivered to 28 to 35 grocer deli's & 8 to 10 restaraunts, daily. I came into contact with predominately women operating or managing those deli's & restaraunts. While many were vociferous in support & a few were definitely against; I met several who blew my mind, because they didn't want to be lumped with either....as one put it, "Why would I want to be merely equal?" How refreshing. They felt they'd be giving up something, or rather have it legislated for them, when, in their own minds they were already beyond that point.

I have no "white man's guilt" and therefore, absolutely reject the Black Liberation plans for "Reparations"- although they are being legislated against all Americans right now.

This is a struggle against those who wish to divide America, and not just let the "pendulum of equality" swing back, but rather batter any who oppose them with it, and gain an unequal position of power....."Now you're going to know what it's like to be ruled by a black man!"

I respect the ideal of our Republic, that, "... all are created equal"......until they prove by action, that they are not. Logic, belief & hope say you are my 'brother & sister' and Christian love & belief says I should turn my cheek to your blows.....but common sense and self respect say that there are going to be limits, and Mr. Milroy's column is way over the line.

shoutSRWoodchuck. Reminds me when I was in business and was contacted by a local newspaper for a series about successful women in business and refused. I told them I found it a little insulting that they made it sound like it was unusual for a woman to be successful in business, that I was a successful PERSON in business.

righteousmomma

I respect the ideal of our Republic, that, "... all are created equal"......until they prove by action, that they are not. Logic, belief & hope say you are my 'brother & sister' and Christian love & belief says I should turn my cheek to your blows.....but common sense and self respect say that there are going to be limits, and Mr. Milroy's column is way over the line.

shoutSr. Woodchuck He is waaaay over the line. Unfortunately he is not capable of seeing that. As for Christians turning the other cheek Jesus was implying in the context of getting revenge. Sounds to me like they (and Mr. Milroy) are the ones seeking revenge.

SrWoodchuck

shoutSRWoodchuck. Reminds me when I was in business and was contacted by a local newspaper for a series about successful women in business and refused. I told them I found it a little insulting that they made it sound like it was unusual for a woman to be successful in business, that I was a successful PERSON in business.

shoutGeee!

People that do.....have no time for stereotypes, and recriminations, and find all they need inside themselves. Like you!

People that can't.....want every advantage either bludgeoned or legislated from others, and when they still fail, can blame others for their own ignorance & incompetence.

Guest AnneV

I believe Obama now says Al Queda is racist, because they attacked in Uganda. So it is not just whites any more...

Yeah I heard that on Rush Limbaugh's show as I was driving into town, I laughed so hard I had to pull over!

Yeah I heard that on Rush Limbaugh's show as I was driving into town, I laughed so hard I had to pull over!

It does seem that we've slipped into another universe...a very odd one. Just look at the stories here on THR:

Feds Were Asleep at the Switch When Minnesota Felons Went to the Polls

Pelosi, White House Feud Over Gibbs' House Prediction

Are Democrats painting themselves as the lesser of the evils?

Icon Farrakhan Demands Reparations from Jews

'If White People Didn't Insist on Being White, There Would Be No Such Thing As Race'

Journalism Needs Government Help Begging For $$$

Israel Derangement Syndrome in Spain

Spy swap puts halt to fact finding

Icon Obama’s Race Obsession al Qaeda is racist, say WH

shoutSanguine

shoutValin

shoutAnneV

shoutClearvision

shoutSrWoodChuck

shout NCTexan

I need to find a clip from Charles Krauthammer on FOx with Britt B last night.

He discussed Obama's position and the subsequent clarification from a spokesman for the moron that implied Obama's positions was that Islamofascist nutjobs exploited Africans was tantamount to saying Al Q needed more diversity. Having a black commander of those in charge of blowing up girls' schools would be OK.