The Hope for Our Country Lives…Out Here

Valin

the-hope-for-our-country-lives-out-here
Big Government:

Joe 'The Plumber' Wurzelbacher
7/6/10

I’ve met a lot of people across the country since those news cameras caught me doubting Barack Obama’s ideas for giving my money to someone else. Over the last 18 months I have mostly enjoyed my role speaking as and for average working Americans.
Nobody puts a cordon around me to keep the “little people” away because this Ohio plumber is one of the little people. I talk with just about everybody and it’s been an education.

(Snip)

I can tell you that some of these national figures are real and some are not. What else is new? The hotter the spotlight, the more the tendency to “go cardboard” with scripted remarks, handlers keeping people away and a distance between what is real and what is “packaging”. It’s not always the case but pretty common from what I’ve seen.
What I have found, however, is a deep well of good ideas, common sense, decency and strength of character in the everyday people I meet. If you really want to know what makes America strong and good and resilient, look to our hometowns, not to the national stage.

It is the realtors, the homemakers, truck drivers and bank tellers, the electricians and carpenters and mom and pop business owners who really have made this the greatest nation in the history of the world. This is where the real hope for our country lives. We work hard at our jobs, take risks to start new businesses, pray with thanks and humility, enjoy camping and hunting and movies and bowling and worry over our kids. The evening news and the NY Times hardly ever reflect the reality of who we really are unless it is to ridicule us.........(Snip)