Kerry Trying to Stuff the All-Star Ballot Box

Geee

kerry-trying-to-stuff-the-all-star-ballot-box-97866089.html
Washington Examiner:

Kerry trying to stuff the All-Star ballot box
By: DAVID FREDDOSO
Online Opinion Editor
07/06/10 1:15 PM EDT

If you had an e-mail list with 3 million people on it, what would you do with it?

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has such a list. Here’s what he just sent me and 2,999,999 other people today:

Hello David,

Hope you had a terrific Fourth of July — and I hope you’ll afford me what the Senate calls a “point of personal privilege.” All 3 million of you in the johnkerry.com community have done incredible work these last seven years on some of the biggest fights of our lives. This isn’t one of them. But it’s not small potatoes either if you’re a Red Sox fan. (If you’re a Yankees fan, read no further.)

Kevin Youkilis of the Red Sox is an All Star in anyone’s book. He plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played, he hustles, he has a great bat and a glove to match, and he brings with it the kind of intensity we respected for years in guys like Trot Nixon. Youk deserves to be in the All-Star game — while the team has grinded it out in spite of injury after injury, he’s been a rock. But now he needs to win a fan vote to make it to Anaheimn next week.

You can vote for him by clicking here.

The stakes are also just a little personal: in the fan voting, currently Nick Swisher of the Yankees is in first place. Swisher’s having a fine year, but Youk is better in just about every category, batting average, slugging, homeruns, everything and he plays Gold Glove defense to boot. Please don’t let anyone say that Swisher beat Youkilis because Sox fans have gone a little soft after ‘04 and ‘07. Let’s show we’re still the most ravenous fans in baseball.

Please vote Youkilis in.

Thanks,

JK