TOUCHY, TOUCHY

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
libtalkers-unhappy-with-portrayals-of.html
Radio Equalizer:

With Obama's approval ratings slipping by the day, his economic policies floundering and liberal stalwarts moving into the afterlife, it's not a fun time for our "progressive" friends.

For their part, liberal talk hosts seem not to have much of a strategy at the moment beyond petty gripes (how DARE Elena Kagan face questions about her background, how DARE anyone mention Robert Byrd's Klan association) and the usual (aren't those Republicans RAAAAAAACIST!!!!) smears.

Here are some of libtalk's lowlights over the past week, including Stacy Taylor on Robert Byrd, plus New York Daily News columnist Errol Lewis and Oregon-based syndicated host Thom Hartmann, both commenting on the Kagan hearings:

STACY TAYLOR (RANDI RHODES SHOW GUEST HOST - 02 JULY 2010) (02:58):
I must comment that I am dismayed at the fact that you have forced me into, um, tuning in to the right-wing blowhard machine... These people on the conservative right, who dominate talk radio....and uh...man alive!..if -if you didn't know that Robert Byrd was a member of the Ku Klux Klan, you know, back in the 1950s, you know, before this week, it's been beaten into your head by now!

I mean, it's like, people were waiting for the guy to die just like Ted Kennedy so they could talk about Chappaquidick so they could talk about the Ku Klux Klan! That's all I heard! Robert Byrd - Ku Klux Klan!

And by of course, by uh, by insinuation by extension - guilt by association - that means Democrats; the Democrat Party as they like to call it over there - never could quite figure it out there - the Republic Party and the Democrat Party! So I'm getting all the jargon down...
________

Liberal talk show hosts have a hard time defending Obama these days, poor things.