Jeb Bush Tells President Obama: Stop Blaming George W Bush

Geee

38910.html
Politico:

Jeb Bush tells President Obama: Stop blaming George W. Bush

By ANDY BARR | 6/23/10 12:23 PM EDT

Former Florida GOP Gov. Jeb Bush said in a recent interview with the New York Times that it's 'childish' for the president to blame his White House predecessor for the nation's current ills.

Former Florida GOP Gov. Jeb Bush has grown tired of listening to Barack Obama blame his brother, telling the New York Times he finds the president’s behavior “childish.”

In an interview with the paper, Bush said that he has had enough of Obama frequently pointing back to his brother George W. Bush’s tenure to explain economic and budget problems, as well as failed oversight of the oil industry.

“It’s kind of like a kid coming to school saying, ‘The dog ate my homework,’” the former governor said of the president. “It’s childish. This is what children do until they mature. They don’t accept responsibility.”

“He apparently likes to act like he’s still campaigning, and he likes to blame George’s administration for everything,” Bush added.

Bush went on to criticize the president’s own stewardship of the economy, calling Obama “Hubert Humphrey on steroids.”

“I don’t think there’s much newness in spending more money as the solution to every problem,” Bush said.

The former governor also suggested that Obama be less focused on how he is perceived in Washington, telling the paper that the president “really seems like he’s getting caught up in what people are writing about him.”

“I mean, good God, man, read a book!” Bush said. “Go watch ESPN!”

Leave it to the NYTimes to get the important facts into a story.

shoutIn fact, instead of constantly bashing the 43rd president, Mr. Bush offered, perhaps Mr. Obama could learn something from him, especially when it comes to ignoring the Washington chatter. “This would break his heart, to get advice that applies some of the lessons of leadership my brother learned, because he apparently likes to act like he’s still campaigning, and he likes to blame George’s administration for everything,” Mr. Bush said, dangling a ketchup-soaked French fry.shout

NYTimes