Walmart Moms' Turn on the Democrats

Geee

wal-mart-moms-turn-democrats
Weekly Standard:

'Wal-Mart Moms' Turn on the Democrats
Their finances are perilous, and they don't like Obamacare.

BY FRED BARNES
June 22, 2010 10:55 AM
SHARETHIS

The bad news for Democrats keeps pouring in. Now it comes from Wal-Mart moms -- women with children under 18 who shop at Wal-Mart. They tend to be Democrats and more of them than not voted for President Obama in 2008. But they’re leaning Republican this year. And despite the happy economic talk from the White House, they believe the economy is hurting their families and their situation will be just as bad a year from now.

In Washington today, Wal-Mart officials unveiled a national survey of their female customers, who pollsters said amount to 16 percent of the electorate. “These are voters who are still feeling the economic pinch,” said Leslie Dach, a Wal-Mart vice president. “They’re feeling this intensified squeeze,” and an increasing number of them are “barely able to make ends meet.”

Pollster Neil Newhouse said the moms identified themselves mostly as middle class (38 percent) and lower middle class (55 percent). They are slightly less white and more African-American and Hispanic than the country at large. And they are more moderate (46 percent) than conservative (34 percent), approve of Obama’s job performance (53 percent), and favor more government action to help people (60 percent).

But while they identify more with Democrats (43 percent) than Republicans (39 percent), they’re inclined vote for Republicans (40 percent) over Democrats (37 percent) for Congress in November. And the reason is quite simple: their finances are perilous -- and not improving.

The poll found Wal-Mart moms are forced to take numerous extra steps merely to get by. These include skipping trips to the doctor for themselves and their families and “self-medicating” with vitamins and store-bought medicines, avoiding brand name products, delaying vacations, and doing car repairs themselves. A surprising 42 percent said the bad economy is putting major strains on their marriages or relationships with partners. Two-thirds said they’re dissatisfied with their financial situation.

The moms dislike the recently enacted health care bill. Roughly twice as many said the legislation will make their health care worse (42 percent) than said it will make it better (22 percent). By 52 percent to 38 percent, they disapprove of the bill. They were not asked if they favor repeal.

But it was their deep pessimism (73 percent) about the future that was the most striking finding in the survey, conducted on the Internet in late May. Half of Wal-Mart moms are concerned about falling into a lower economic class. They are anxious about joblessness.

“The pessimism is extraordinary,” Newhouse said. Their view that things won’t be better a year from now is deep-seated. “It is not going to change between now and election day,” he said, which is the worst news of all for Democrats.

Wow.... the people are catching on!

Wall Street and now Walmart Mom's.... another group to demonize.

Let them demonize away. Once they've alienated all the groups that would normally support them, they will be giving away the coming elections by default.

shoutNCTexan

Thank goodness you had the decency to clip my neighbor's face from that picture when you snagged him being dragged by that barnacle in kinky hosiery and high heels.

On second thought, that might be him on the right.

:lmfao:

Pepper!

The DEMs better not fire up the Walmart Moms... at least not the ones that I saw on PeopleOfWalmart.

They don't know what they're unleashing! :unsure:

1510.jpg

These boots are made for walking... and they'll walk right over you!

More People of Walmart... If you have the nerve!

RM had that same question about "who's who in the zoo".

Let me just ruin any meaningful thoughts you had on your mind this afternoon with this hot momma.

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

Repeat 2000 x

when done with that

Crimson and Clover, over and over...

Repeat 10000000 x

Have you all been driving round in that Google car taking pictures?

:lol:

RM had that same question about "who's who in the zoo".

shoutPeppershoutNCTexan. When I posted that I just knew that NCTexan was going to post at least one PeopleofWalmart pic. Am I physic or what?

shoutPeppershoutNCTexan. When I posted that I just knew that NCTexan was going to post at least one PeopleofWalmart pic. Am I physic or what?

Geee!

You just happen to know guys who can't control themselves.

Just think about poor RM.... she's got this 7x24. :P