Does Barack Obama Want to be President?

Geee

does-barack-obama-want-to-be-president
Pajamas Media:

Does Barack Obama want to be president?
June 21, 2010 - by Roger L Simon

Ever since viewing his depressing and disconnected “energy” speech last week, I have been mulling whether Barack Obama actually wants to be president anymore. That was an address given by a man who looked very much like he didn’t want to be there, didn’t want to continue. He appeared slumped and worn, as if he aged eighteen years in eighteen months. His demeanor was oddly distracted.

I am not being metaphorical here — I am quite serious. The more I have thought about this, the more I am convinced Barack Obama no longer wishes to be president. The degree that he admits this to himself, I am not sure. But I rather suspect that in the small hours of the morning he fantasizes he were anywhere but 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And who could blame him? By almost any measure, he is doing a terrible job.

Of course, as we all know, Obama didn’t really expect to be president. This was to be a trial run. And then it took off. He ended up in the White House with virtually no experience that prepared him for the task. His superior intelligence was supposed to carry him through. Only intelligence — whatever his level — is just one component of leadership, and probably far from the largest one.

But the question here is not his qualifications. They are no longer particularly relevant. This is a beaten man, struggling to show he is not, even though everybody knows he is.

The media claque that put him in office is getting disaffected and now his party allies in Congress are beginning to disregard him, sometimes for the better. One of the early symbols of Obama’s disconnection was his remarkably unemotional reaction to the democracy demonstrators in Iran. His Iran policy continued to be a phony concoction of non-existent dialogue and toothless sanctions, right up to the latest round at the UN.snip

That was an address given by a man who looked very much like he didn’t want to be there, didn’t want to continue. He appeared slumped and worn, as if he aged eighteen years in eighteen months. His demeanor was oddly distracted.

I had commented to my wife that he looked ill. Under the makeup, he had that parchment like skin quality that commonly is associated with chronic long-term illness.

Guest AnneV
Pajamas Media:

The more I have thought about this, the more I am convinced Barack Obama no longer wishes to be president.

Oh don't you just wish we could hack into his teleprompter!!!
Here is what I would have him say....

In view of the fact that I came into this office with zero, nil, zilch, nada experience, and in the last eighteen months or so, have come to learn that experience and gumption are both needed for this job, I henceforth offer my immediate resignation.

Pajamas Media:

The more I have thought about this, the more I am convinced Barack Obama no longer wishes to be president.

In view of the fact that I came into this office with zero, nil, zilch, nada experience, and in the last eighteen months or so, have come to learn that experience and gumption are both needed for this job, I henceforth offer my immediate resignation.

Before we start calling for his resignation, keep in mind........this is the order of succession to his office:

•The Vice President Joseph Biden

•Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

•President pro tempore of the Senate1 Robert Byrd

•Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton

•Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner

•Secretary of Defense Robert Gates

•Attorney General Eric Holder

•Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar

•Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack

•Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke

•Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis

•Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius

•Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan

•Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood

•Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu

•Secretary of Education Arne Duncan

•Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki

•Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

Sure is a sad list of "leaders"... Really bad to see all in one list.

Yup... I'd settle for working my way to the bottom of the list. Go for it Barry.

President Janet Napolitano ... You go, girl!

shoutNCTexan

Yup... I'd settle for working my way to the bottom of the list. Go for it Barry.

pollyannaish

President Janet Napolitano ... You go, girl!

shoutNCTexan

:lmfao:

Next thing you know we WILL be governed by the faculty of Harvard AND the first fifty names in the Boston phone book.

snip

Next thing you know we WILL be governed by the faculty of Harvard AND the first fifty names in the Boston phone book.

I'd rather have a random 50 names from a fly-over state small town phone book....

:lol:

Guest AnneV

Pajamas Media:

Before we start calling for his resignation, keep in mind........this is the order of succession to his office:

•The Vice President Joseph Biden

•Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

•President pro tempore of the Senate1 Robert Byrd

•Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton

•Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner

•Secretary of Defense Robert Gates

•Attorney General Eric Holder

•Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar

•Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack

•Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke

•Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis

•Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius

•Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan

•Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood

•Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu

•Secretary of Education Arne Duncan

•Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki

•Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

That's true, but really?!?!? Would any one of them be any worse than the boy child, amateur in chief Barry?!?!?

IMO he loves the perks but he has never developed a work ethic deserving of the presidency. I think his golfing is a way of him saying 'present'. He is too incompetent to know just how incompetent he is. I will never forget the picture of him showing off his jacket the first time he flew Air Force One. He was like a little kid showing off for the press.

That was an address given by a man who looked very much like he didn’t want to be there, didn’t want to continue. He appeared slumped and worn, as if he aged eighteen years in eighteen months. His demeanor was oddly distracted.

I had commented to my wife that he looked ill. Under the makeup, he had that parchment like skin quality that commonly is associated with chronic long-term illness.

I think there is something wrong with him physically.. Yes a person ages 20 years after being President for 4 years, but he has aged in 30 years.. Something is not right..

I think he's having a great time. Granted, that giving speeches and having to talk to the American people is a major yawner, but I think he is having a ball with the rest of his "duties", limited though they may be. And, the parties, and the money, and the clothes, and cameras, etc. Major fun!

WestVirginiaRebel

He's starting to look more and more like Lyndon Johnson these days-old, tired, no longer engaged. I have to wonder if he'll follow Johnson's path into early retirement in 2012.

pollyannaish

I keep reading this headline and thinking "I don't know what Barack wants, but *I* don't want him to be president!"