Times Square Bomber Tells All

clearvision

clearvision
?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Flatest+%28Text+-+Latest+Headlines%29
FOXNews:

Faisal Shahzad pleaded guilty Monday to the May 1 attempted car bombing in New York City's Times Square, but his plea didn't stop there. He needed to be heard and was itching to tell his story.

The federal court judge asked him, after making sure he understood what he was pleading guilty to, to explain what he did. And in great detail, Shahzad told the courtroom how he went to Pakistan for 40 days and had five days of training with the Pakistan Taliban. He then came back to Connecticut with money the Taliban gave him, rented a room in Bridgeport, and then built a bomb.

He said he built it in three parts, in case something went wrong. The first part was fertilizer in the trunk, the second was cylinders of gas and the third was petrol to make a fire in the car. Several times he said he didn't work with anyone in the U.S. and the co-conspirators were in Pakistan.

He said, "It seemed like none went off, and I don't know why."

He then walked to Grand Central with his semi automatic rifle in a laptop case. Fearful he would be caught he tried to escape at JFK airport.

He kept saying he is a mujahedeen Muslim soldier and tried to kill or injure people in Times Square and damage a building. He said he picked Times Square it is crowded. It was a Saturday evening.

When the judge asked him about killing innocent women and children, he said he was a Muslim solider, and U.S. forces in Muslim lands attack civilians, too. "I am part of the U.S. uprising on Muslim nations and Muslim people," he said.

He also described at great detail the Taliban in Pakistan, saying the offshoot was created six years ago. He went on to say Pakistan took a u-turn and became an ally of the U.S. and started fighting and killing the Taliban.

The judge asked if he was aware what he was doing a crime, and he said he wouldn't consider it a crime. Then the judge asked if he was aware he was violating the law, and he said, "I do realize it is a violation of law in the U.S., but I do not care about the laws in the U.S."

-------
We are so lucky the past 9 years that most of these guys are incompetent. I don't think our luck will hold forever.