Obama's Reasons for Gulf Drilling Moratorium

SrWoodchuck

SrWoodchuck
off-shore-drilling-obama-soros.html
AstuteBlogger:

Obama is helping another part of his machine-George Soros.
Obama is helping a third world, pro-Iranian nation, Brazil-directly with aid/loans & indirectly by shutting down the Gulf.
Obama is Cloward-Pivening the South-which votes GOP. Cloward-Piven explained
(Yes, I think Obama is deliberately hurting the South: Obama has proven-by attacking Arizona-that he is not President of the United States, but just the states he likes. One must conclude that Obama is a clear & present danger to our economy & probably should register-along with Soros- as a Foreign Agent.) [ Posted by Reliapundit-Sunday, June 13, 2010 @ 11:18AM ]

Dot # 1- Bloomberg-Soros-Petrobras
August 15, 2008-Billionaire George Soros bought an $811 million stake in Petroleo Brasileiro, SA [Petrobras], in the 2nd quarter, making the Brazilian state-controlled oil company his investment funds largest holding. As of June 30, the stake in Petrobras...snip...made up 22% of the $3.68 billion in stock & American depository receipts held by Soros Fund Management,LLC...

Dot # 2- Obama underwrites offshore drilling-in Brazil
The US is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro.snip
The US Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a "preliminary commitment" letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion & has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount....snip...odd, given that the US Treasury is desperate for cash & Petrobras is one of the largest companies in the Americas.
Note: from SrWoodchuck...date of this article is August 18, 2009....a few days less than a year, after the Soros investment.

Dot # 3- Brazil sees silver lining in BP spill: More Rigs
Idled oil rigs are moving to Brazil following Obama's drilling moratorium. [ Posted by GatewayPundit/Jim Hoft, Sunday, June 13, 2010 @ 6:39AM ]
Barack Obama's oil drilling moratorium will cost tens of thousands of jobs, but not everyone will suffer...snip...oil companies are planning on moving their rigs from the Gulf of Mexico to South America, off the coast of Brazil, where the government is more friendly to energy corporations [ Reuter reported, via FreeRepublic ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While here at home the Waxman Inquisition griddle spits BP, providing the Circus Maximus that will capture everyone's attention. Not that BP doesn't need to be grilled, but why aren't Republicans calling for an investigation here?

pollyannaish

I haven't read the article, but I've become increasingly concerned by the rhetoric I'm hearing—people DO realize that oil does more than create power, right? That it is a PRIME ingredient in almost everything we use, right? That we can't just stop drilling for oil once we get enough power to move our cars in another way...right?

I'm becoming increasingly alarmed at the rhetoric I'm seeing in the press. Oil prices affect EVERYTHING. Oil is central to the lives we live. I just took an inventory of my cubicle and every single thing save one could not have been developed without oil as an INGREDIENT, not just an energy producer. Only ONE thing. And that one thing was me personally.

You can't just turn off the spout, turn on a windmill and take a bus. This is all profoundly catastrophic.

shoutSrWoodChuck!

shoutPollyannaish!

In addition to BP not paying its own share holders, the bizarre possibility exists that since 40% ? US citizens have BP stock, that BP would also have to pay them for economic losses.

Heh heh.