Sacramento council approves economic sanctions against Arizona

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
sacramento-council-approves-economic.html
Sacramento Bee:

The Sacramento City Council voted Tuesday night to place economic sanctions against Arizona companies in response to that state's immigration laws.

The sanctions passed by a 6-1 council vote are on par with the broadest actions passed by other California cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Oakland.

They include forbidding city workers from attending conferences in Arizona on the city's dime, boycotting companies based in Arizona "where practicable and where there is no significant additional cost to the city" and potentially canceling current contracts with firms from Arizona.

"For those who would criticize us for using our time to address this critical issue in our country's history, I would say this: How can we not?" said Councilman Rob Fong, who called for the debate.

Fong added, "I've never been more proud of us" and said the city was "standing on the right side of history."
________

I wasn't aware that Arizona was another country. What are they going to do-get the U.N. to enforce them?

I love this paragraph:

They include forbidding city workers from attending conferences in Arizona on the city's dime, boycotting companies based in Arizona "where practicable and where there is no significant additional cost to the city" and potentially canceling current contracts with firms from Arizona.

Basically it says that "As a point of conscience we are boycotting Arizona, except where it might inconvenience us."