You Know an Obama Speech is Bad When Keith Olbermann Trashes It

Geee

obamas-speech--not-his-best-moment-in-fact-maybe-really-really-bad-96433569.html
Washington Examiner:

You know an Obama speech is bad when Keith Olbermann trashes it
By: DAVID FREDDOSO
Online Opinion Editor
06/15/10 8:32 PM EDT

You know that President Obama’s speech was a dud when Keith Olbermann trashes it immediately afterward.

I’m glad to hear that Obama finally has a plan for the Gulf oil spill. I am quite underwhelmed, however, by his recycled (no pun intended) call to solve the problem by making our buildings more energy-efficient.

The speech lacked any serious specifics, and it also put Obama on the hook with BP for promising a 90 percent reduction in spillage. But I still wasn’t too bearish on the speech until this line about transitioning the economy to “green energy”:

Last year, the House of Representatives acted on these principles by passing a strong and comprehensive energy and climate bill – a bill that finally makes clean energy the profitable kind of energy for America’s businesses.

Now, there are costs associated with this transition. And some believe we can’t afford those costs right now. I say we can’t afford not to change how we produce and use energy – because the long-term costs to our economy, our national security, and our environment are far greater.

I think that line alone will cost him 4 or 5 percentage points in approval immediately, and ten seats for House Democrats. The last thing people want to hear right now is that we need to make more humongous investments in government programs (costly not only to taxpayers but also to consumers) because we “cannot afford not to.” Why doesn’t he just call for another $1 trillion stimulus package?

And some believe we can’t afford those costs right now. I say we can’t afford not to change how we produce and use energy – because the long-term costs to our economy, our national security, and our environment are far greater.

I think he's delusional.