President Obama will address nation on BP

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
38463.html
Politico:

President Barack Obama plans an address to the nation on the Gulf disaster this week, White House senior adviser David Axelrod told NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday.

The address is planned for Tuesday, following Obama’s two-day trip to the region, a White House official told POLITICO.

“When he returns, he’s going to address the nation from the White House,” Axelrod told moderator David Gregory. “We’re at a kind of inflection point in this saga, because we now know … what we can do and what we can’t do in terms of collecting oil, and what lies ahead in the next few months. And he wants to lay out the steps that we’re going to take from here to get through this crisis.”

Asked the president’s goals for the address, Axelrod said: “There’s an awful lot of interest in this, obviously, and there are a lot of people who are suffering in the Gulf, a lot of concern about what the future holds.

“And we have some clarity now about the oil that’s escaping, about how we’re going to approach it, and about what this means for those communities. And we want to talk about that, and talk about the steps that we’re going to take to deal with it. … The president will announce several steps.”

The planned address comes after Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill), a longtime family friend and political adviser, called on Obama this week to "level with the American people," turn the crisis in the Gulf into a job-creation tool and "stop the blame game" – the strongest criticism to date from a Democratic lawmaker on the president's handling of the disaster in the Gulf.
________

I assume this means he's found somebody's ass to kick...

WestVirginiaRebel!

I did not know that the oil would stealthily creep into the 9th ward and leave whites unaffected.

Jackson's *ss would be my target among many to kick, but that would be for things unrelated to Barack's Oil Problem.

If this continues, Barack is a one-term President, a good thing, but the Gulf will suffer and the economic and environmental impact might dwarf Katrina (guesstimated to be at $150 billion )

Guest AnneV

Oh goody, the douche in chief is gonna flap his lips again...what time is that? I think I have better things to do...the fish needs to be taken for his walk, and/or I have some paint I need to watch dry!

Annev!

I had to look to see whom you mean, douche in chief

:blink:

First place I hit

Douche in Chief Lowers Flags over Haiti

Which links to an older article I had forgotten (just another one atrocity committed in the name of Obama)

When in Haiti the US did not FLY THE US FLAG. Appropriate for flag day...

Absence of U.S. flag in Haiti sparks controversy

Oh goody, the douche in chief is gonna flap his lips again...what time is that? I think I have better things to do...the fish needs to be taken for his walk, and/or I have some paint I need to watch dry!

Is anyone else creeped out by Axelrods's continuous use of the Royal We when he projects what The President is going to do and say in the next little while?

They aren't even pretending that Obama is in charge of "his" staff or agenda, to my ears.

Pinz!

I got creeped out the first time I saw Crankshaft, let alone listen to him.

They could use a sod-cutter on his eyebrows, harvest the hairs and make tents for the homeless.

But to your point, yes, he is an *ss kisser. It is pretentious as well as continuous, the use of the royal we.

SrWoodchuck

Speaking of Obama's talk on Tuesday......what's happening in Chicago at the Blago Inquisition?

Testimony about Tony Rezko? Or other things nefarious to the Oblame-o 'ministration?

See....to me, this is Liberal Magik: "Looka' ma raht hand here....see, aint nothin' init....NO, BOY don' you be lookin' at ma leff hand....aint nothin' goin' on dere either."

Rush comes back tomorrow. I'm looking forward to catching up on some news items that he frames so beautifully.

I wonder if the Blago trial will be as exciting as some of those Clinton hearings, or if they have cut him off so quickly and completely that it will end pretty much with only him and his brush going to jail.

Pinz!

They could use a sod-cutter on his eyebrows, harvest the hairs and make tents for the homeless.

But to your point, yes, he is an *ss kisser. It is pretentious as well as continuous, the use of the royal we.

I wonder if it is primarily pretension, or if he is forgetting to more carefully hide the reality of who is writing the words projected on TOTUS. Do we actually have an unelected chief executive? Or co-executives with Axelrod and Rahm as Tweedledum and Tweedledee?

shoutPinz

Many people on the street would probably think if you put blackface on Gibbs, he'd be elected in 2012.

Gibbs gets more face time than Zero.

Obama is INCAPABLE of supporting himself. He must have his Progressivist and Redistributionist crutches, whatever human shape they take.

Pinz!

I wonder if it is primarily pretension, or if he is forgetting to more carefully hide the reality of who is writing the words projected on TOTUS. Do we actually have an unelected chief executive? Or co-executives with Axelrod and Rahm as Tweedledum and Tweedledee?

Pinz!

And I don't want to hear any intimate details of the wedding either.

The sub host today was great - at times.

Rush comes back tomorrow. I'm looking forward to catching up on some news items that he frames so beautifully.

I wonder if the Blago trial will be as exciting as some of those Clinton hearings, or if they have cut him off so quickly and completely that it will end pretty much with only him and his brush going to jail.

The address is planned for Tuesday, following Obama’s two-day trip to the region, a White House official told POLITICO.

Yet one more reason why I am glad I don't watch TV.

Pinz!

And I don't want to hear any intimate details of the wedding either.

The sub host today was great - at times.

I don't care about *any* of the details of Rush's wedding.

I just want his take on what's happening in Washington and with the Administration. (I don't care about his opinions on golf or football either....)

I missed the show entirely today, what did the host say?

On tape, Blagojevich and Monk discuss alleged shakedown of racetrack owner

06/14/2010

Prosecutors today played a secret recording of Gov. Rod Blagojevich talking to confidante and fundraiser Alonzo “Lon” Monk about efforts to get a campaign contribution from a horse track owner who wanted Blagojevich to sign legislation helping the horse racing industry.

Monk, testifying after a lunch break, said Blagojevich called him into a private meeting at his campaign office to discuss getting a $100,000 donation before Blagojevich signed the bill. That Dec. 3, 2008 meeting was captured on secret recordings because the FBI had bugged the Friends of Blagojevich headquarters, including Blagojevich’s own office.

Monk could be heard telling Blagojevich he wanted to have a pointed conversation with the track owner, John Johnston, and began to essentially practice what he would say.

"Look, I want to go to him without crossing the line and say give us the (expletive) money," Monk said on the tape. "Give us the money, and one has nothing to do with the other (the bill signing), but give us the (expletive) money."

(Snip)

Blagojevich On Trial

The Blago Blog

snip

I missed the show entirely today, what did the host say?

Douglas Urbanski was the host. I had never heard him. He's better than some other subs. Steyn is the only good sub host Rush has.

Discussed Obama and his inaction on the Gulf disaster.

He irritated Leftists, ticking off the Media Matters website because he said Zero didn't act soon enough. I won't link since their website sucks with popups and a video that doesn't play.

" Limbaugh fill-in Doug Urbanski falsely claims it's been "50 days and counting" ..."

:P

Compared the Koran to Alinsky and Rules for Radicals.

I'd give him a 7.