Andrew Romanoff Breaks Silence on White House Job Talks

clearvision

clearvision
8301-503544_162-20006888-503544.html
CBSNews:

On Friday's Washington Unplugged, Bob Schieffer, moderator of CBS' "Face the Nation," spoke with Andrew Romanoff, the latest Senate candidate to acknowledge that he was contacted by the White House for discussions about various administration positions should he drop out of his primary race.

Romanoff's revelation followed a similar story about Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak, who defeated Sen. Arlen Specter in a Democratic primary race last month.

Romanoff said he "received a call from (White House Deputy Chief of Staff) Jim Messina. He informed me that the White House would support my opponent, Sen. (Michael) Bennet. I told Mr. Messina that I had decided to run for the Senate nonetheless. He told me three positions might be available to me were I not pursuing the Senate race and e-mailed me descriptions of the positions. I told him that I would not change course. That's the last time I had any communication on this matter with Mr. Messina or anyone else in the White House."

Schieffer asked Romanoff if he was surprised or even offended by the White House's move to possibly push him out of Colorado's Democratic Senate primary, which is scheduled for Aug. 10. :snip:

------
Well I think we may have our scape goat here in Jim Messina.