Obama's Youth Brigade Burns Out

Guest AnneV

Guest AnneV
?cid=hp:exc
The Daily Beast:

A crowd of twentysomething true believers followed Obama from the campaign to Washington.
But 18 months in, the "Yes We Can" crowd is losing faith.
Joe Boswell quit his job at Camp David. But first, he played a tennis match with Michelle Obama. Her second chief of staff, Susan Sher, is an avid tennis fan, and Boswell, her assistant, was game for a doubles match. After a straight-sets victory, he leveled with the first lady of the United States. “I was tired of going through the motions,” he remembers. “She told me to go out and save the world and come back.”

“It’s cool to my family, or the girl that I meet at the bar, but in terms of day-to-day work—am I really doing the change we can believe in?” asked one Iowa veteran.

Today, Boswell isn’t so sure he’s coming back. The 25-year-old Dartmouth graduate served as one of a “dirty dozen” of young campaign fixers who roamed the country for President Barack Obama’s campaign. Yet, less than a year into the Obama administration, “I was bored,” he says. “I like to execute things; I like to get people empowered,” he adds. Despite helping to plant the first lady’s famous White House kitchen garden and holding playdates with the Obama daughters, “I knew it was time to go when I was falling asleep at meetings,” he said.

(Could it be?
The gild is off the Lilly?)sarcasm

I think policy making and decisions are made in tiny little private circles. I would imagine it would be deadly dull to by one of many mere gophers, or should I say lemmings?

This guy's smart enough to move on. I think (and hope!) a lot more see the light.

The Obama Chic and Cool with the Young Coolsters has faded as fast as Barry's promises.

Remember how cool it was to wear an "O" teeshirt... plaster the sticker on your car... or attend and concert for "O"?

Now we just see a lot of tired bumper stickers on the cars of the Hard Core Lefties and Blacks who either still buy the act... or feel obligated to swear allegiance based on "community".

The Coolsters have mostly gone on to find their next 24 hour moment of cool.

How's that Hope and Change working out for you?

AnneV! Thanks for post.

Hey yoot, welcome to Reality.

There are some interesting comments there, as well.

He's 25!! He knows nothing. He actually thought he was going to go to Washington with The One and be part of the inner circle at the White House. Instead he ends up at Camp David. Welcome to reality for sure, kid.