Colorado Senate Candidate Romanoff says White House offered him job to step aside

NCJim

colorado-senate-candidate-romanoff-says-white-house-offered-him-job-to-step-aside
http://ianschwartz.com/:

Colorado Senate Candidate Romanoff says White House offered him job to step aside

June 2nd, 2010 — 9:08pm

In a statement U.S. Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff (D-CO) was offered the possibility of three jobs by Jim Messina, the President’s deputy chief of staff. Romanoff has issued the following statement (emphasis mine):

I have received a large number of press inquiries concerning the role the White House is reported to have played in my decision to run for the U.S. Senate. I have declined comment because I did not want – and do not want – to politicize this matter.

A great deal of misinformation has filled the void in the meantime. That does not serve the public interest or any useful purpose.

Here are the facts:

In September 2009, shortly after the news media first reported my plans to run for the Senate, I received a call from Jim Messina, the President’s deputy chief of staff. Mr. Messina informed me that the White House would support Sen. Bennet. I informed Mr. Messina that I had made my decision to run.

Mr. Messina also suggested three positions that might be available to me were I not pursuing the Senate race. He added that he could not guarantee my appointment to any of these positions. At no time was I promised a job, nor did I request Mr. Messina’s assistance in obtaining one.

Later that day, I received an email from Mr. Messina containing descriptions of three positions (email attached). I left him a voicemail informing him that I would not change course.

I have not spoken with Mr. Messina, nor have I discussed this matter with anyone else in the White House, since then.

Here is the email Messina sent to to Romanoff, describing three positions.

POLITICO is also confirming this story.

There were news reports of people being backed off from running against Gillebrand in NY. I would expect that Issa is going state-by-state to gather more emails like this one.

What a great opportunity for Dems to clear this elephant out of the room, and look like they are clean and independent thinkers and doers at the same time.

Obama is destroying the Dem Party almost as quickly as he is destroying our Constitution. He and his cronies have allowed way too much info to inadvertently see the light of day!