Romanoff Confirms--WH Suggested Three Jobs, Produces Email Evidence

Geee

Romanoff-confirms----White-House-suggested-three-jobs-produces-email-evidence.html
Washington Examiner:

Romanoff confirms -- White House suggested three jobs, produces email evidence
By: MARK HEMINGWAY
Commentary Staff Writer
06/02/10 9:12 PM EDT

Earlier today, the White House admitted that they had offered Andrew Romanoff a job to get out of the Colorado senate primary. Now Romanoff is confirming the story, saying the White House offered him three different jobs. He has even released the email from the White House with the job descriptions. Politico has the story:

Colorado U.S. Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff confirmed Wednesday that Jim Messina, President Barack Obama’s deputy chief of staff, suggested three administration jobs that would be available to him last September if he dropped his plans to run against U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, who had the support of the White House.

Romanoff said he informed the White House that he would stay in the race. The revelation comes days after the White House confirmed that Rep. Joe Sestak was approached about an unpaid position in the administration if he dropped his campaign against Sen. Arlen Specter. But in this case, Romanoff was offered paid positions in the administration, a clear difference from the Sestak case.

In a statement to the media, Romanoff attached an email from Messina – dated Sept. 11, 2009 – listing the three jobs, two at USAID and one as director of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency, with a page-long set of job descriptions.

Nonetheless, Romanoff is remaining a tad squirrelly about the whole thing saying, "Mr. Messina also suggested three positions that might be available to me were I not pursuing the Senate race. He added that he could not guarantee my appointment to any of these positions. At no time was I promised a job, nor did I request Mr. Messina’s assistance in obtaining one.”

In any event, we'll be hearing a lot more about this in the coming days, I'm sure.

Or are they beginning to line up to let the Republicans try to kick him out of DC?

They the Repubs are successful, they can then go after them for attacking the first black president. If the Repubs are unsuccessful, they can then go after them for attacking the first black president.