After Facing Criticism, Obama to Meet Arizona Gov. Brewer on Thursday

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
facing-criticism-obama-meet-arizona-gov-brewer-thursday
Fox News:

President Obama intends to meet with Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday, a White House official told FoxNews.com, after criticism mounted over reports the president wouldn't be able to meet her while she is in Washington this week.

Brewer had requested a face-to-face meeting with Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the former Arizona governor, as tensions rise between his administration and the Grand Canyon State over its controversial law clamping down on illegal immigrants.

The White House denies that Obama snubbed Brewer, saying there initially were some scheduling issues this week that have been resolved.

"This Administration has dedicated unprecedented resources over the past 16 months to fulfill the federal government's responsibility to secure the Southwest Border," a White House official told Fox News. "The President looks forward to discussing those efforts and other matters of mutual interest with Gov. Brewer."
________

The President is interrupting his busy vacation schedule for another photo-op.

Guest AnneV

I hope he has the decency to listen as Governor Brewer calmly and factually tells him why she had to enact the Arizona law...i.e. you Mr. President *choke* failed to do anything and I had to act to save my State!

I dont think he cares a diddle what she thinks or says. He is in this for the show.. transparency & communication, donchaknow. I think she will be forthright in her analysis of the meeting. Hope I am wrong but just dont have any hope for him to do what is good for America