Israel Defends Self at U.N. Security Council Amidst Controversy Over Flotilla Raid

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
israel-defends-self-security-council-amidst-controversy-flotilla-raid
Fox News:

Israel offered a vigorous defense Monday amidst a rapidly deepening international dispute over its deadly overnight raid on a flotilla of ships carrying aid bound for Gaza.

Under pressure from even its allies over the incident that killed at least nine people, Israel’s Deputy U.N. Ambassador Daniel Carmon took to the floor of the international body to fire back against the idea that the ships were peaceful, unarmed and humanitarian.

“What kind of peace activists use knives, clubs and fire from weapons stolen from soldiers...to attack soldiers to attack soldiers who board a ship in accordance with international law?,” he asked.

"They are not peace activists; They are not messengers of good will. They cynically use a humanitarian platform to send a message of hate and to implement violence," he added.

Israeli commandos attacked a Gaza-bound aid flotilla Monday carrying 10,000 tons of aid destined for the blockaded Gaza Strip. The Israeli military said seven soldiers were wounded, one of them seriously.
________

Funny how Israel has to come before the UN but North Korea doesn't...

Not that it will make a bit of difference.

The question is will Obama stand with them.

I don't think that the One has a choice this time. This was an intentional provocation of Isreal. Egypt has the same blockade in place, for the same reasons.

The naval blockade of the Gaza Strip is in place to limit the ability of Hamas to gain access to weapons. Humanitarian supplies are allowed to reach Gaza overland, through either Isreal or Egypt. Even the leader of the flotilla admits that the point of the action was to break the blockade, not the delivery of humanitarian aid.

They should have given the boats an ultimatum. Turn back or be used for target practice.

Too bad some IDS soldiers were injured.

This guy has the right idea

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-about-convoy-to-turkey.html

William A. Jacobson

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How About A Convoy To Turkey?

Turkey has repressed its large Kurdish minority, which seeks a nation of its own, and has threatened to invade Iraqi Kurdistan if it gained too much autonomy.

Turkey, in turn, has been subjected to attacks from Kurdish separatist groups, and has responded harshly. The attacks on Turkey pale in comparison to attacks against Israel. Unlike Israel, the survival of Turkey and Turks is not threatened.

The repression of the Kurds in Turkey, Syria, and under Saddam Hussein in Iraq, is one of the great injustices of the modern era. Arbitrarily drawn borders have split a people, who outnumber Palestinians several times over, among several countries.

Since Turkey now has thrust itself into the forefront of making sure Hamas can be resupplied by Iran from the sea, I presume Turkey will open its borders to shipments to Kurdish separatist groups, without inspecting those shipments for weapons.

========

I think this will happen quickly.

UPDATE

I hear that Reid and Pelosi are already mobilizing this flotilla. Cynthia O-TAY McKinney is joining them.

SrWoodchuck

They should have given the boats an ultimatum. Turn back or be used for target practice.

shoutPepper!

Suggestion:

Destroy the screws on the boats, destroy steering & then tow them into International waters.

The minute that one of these "humanitarian" boatloads gains purchase in Gaza, there will be ten on the way....and some will have "Scuds" & armaments that won't fit in the tunnels.

Best part = No IDF casualties.

shoutPepper!

Suggestion:

Destroy the screws on the boats, destroy steering & then tow them into International waters.

The minute that one of these "humanitarian" boatloads gains purchase in Gaza, there will be ten on the way....and some will have "Scuds" & armaments that won't fit in the tunnels.

Best part = No IDF casualties.

A similar strategy has been used against Greenpeace activists in recent years. Prop screws were sabotaged before the GP craft left dock in such a way as to have them break soon after they got underway, leaving them stranded and requiring a tow back to dock.

Argyle58! SrWoodChuck! Great ideas, although soft on the casualty end on the enemy. Nevertheless, I am sending an email to Mr. Netanyahu urging he put you both in charge IDF shore defense ASAP.

Video

The real purpose of the flotilla - to put Israel in a no win situation.

Won't vouch for this video, but it does point out their true agenda, which I think is the honest reason for their stunt.

Video

The real purpose of the flotilla - to put Israel in a no win situation.

Won't vouch for this video, but it does point out their true agenda, which I think is the honest reason for their stunt.

Egypt has the same blockade in place, and for the same reasons. Both countries make accomodations to forward humanitarian aid overland, to ensure that military hardware is not smuggled in with "humanitarian" shipments. This fact puts the lie to the words of these anti-Israeli supporters of Hamas. It isn't about the blockade, but about Isreal.

Isreal bowed to international pressure to cede Gaza to the Palestinian people. In return, they have been attacked by missiles and mortars from the very land that they donated to the "Palestinian Homeland", and attacked by the same international groups that they acquiesced to for defending themselves.

My only issue with their actions toward the flotilla is that they went in so ill prepared. I wouldn't have given one whit had they annihilated the whole bunch of "humanitarians".

Glenn Beck is having a great show about the "humanitarians" now.

Watching it now. He's making some points that 99% of the US don't know or understand.