Gary Sinise Visits Troops at Walter Reed

Geee

100681-gary-sinise-visits-troops-at-walter-reed
The Hill:

Gary Sinise visits troops at Walter Reed
By Vicki Needham - 05/30/10 04:09 PM ET

Actor Gary Sinise, well known for his portrayal of Lt. Dan in "Forrest Gump," visited troops at Walter Reed on Sunday, according to a tweet.

"Back at the hotel from Walter Reed," Sinise tweeted this afternoon. "Always meet such incredible individuals and families there. Remember them all this weekend and all year long."

Sinise, who also appears on television show "CSI NY," played three concerts for the troops with his Lt. Dan Band in Iraq last year, he said during a recent Fox News interview.

"The war goes on and the troops and their families still need us so I want to try to do what I can," he said.

In May, the band has played eight shows and will be heading back overseas July 4 to play for U.S. troops in Germany and Italy.

"It's just at two-show tour this summer, but every summer for the past eight years I've taken the band somewhere for the troops," he said. "Last year, we did 40 concerts and about 30 of them were either USO or military charities. I love doing it and it's a good feeling to be able to pitch in an do something positive."

Sinise, along with Joe Mantegna, will lead the National Memorial Day Concert on Memorial Day near the U.S. Capitol, set for an 8 p.m. broadcast Monday on PBS.

pollyannaish

Count me as a huge Sinise fan. Have been for years. He lives what Hollywood should be.