MMS chief Elizabeth Birnbaum quits post (she was fired)

Pepper

USA Today:

USA Today:

May 27, 2010
MMS chief Elizabeth Birnbaum quits post

President Obama has fired the head of the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service, according to the Associated Press.

The news agency, citing unnamed sources, says Obama will announce later today that Elizabeth Birnbaum has been taken off the job. She's been head of the MMS since July 2009.

Her agency, which grants leases to oil companies and monitors offshore drilling, has come under criticism for lax oversight since the BP well explosion in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20.

Update at 12:08 p.m. ET: The AP is now reporting that Birnbaum resigned.
:lol:

Her resignation letter is here

Resignation from Birnbaum who was not fired but thrown under the bus.

BP is Bush's fault!!

Question on Birnbaum to Obama from Chip Reed at presser, May 27, 2010

Chip Reed: Should other heads roll?

Chip Reed: Is is fair to blame the Bush administration?

Obama:

"When I came in, Salazar came in and started cleaning house. But there wasn't sufficient urgency about the pace about how those changes that needed to take place.

There is no evidence that some of the corrupt practices uhh, that took place earlier took place under uhh the current administration's watch."-- Obama

BP is Bush's fault!!

BP = Bush's Pfault?

clearvision!

Yes, the first P is silent. As in Pfather Pfleger, Obama's spiritual advisor, confidante, and agitator.

BP = Bush's Pfault?

clearvision!

Yes, the first P is silent. As in Pfather Pfleger, Obama's spiritual advisor, confidante, and agitator.

Oh, and here I thought it was spelled "Bush's Phault". :unsure:

BP = Bush's Pfault?

clearvision!

Now what have we told you about thinking! You know you're not equipped for that sort of thing.

I used to suffer from the same problem, then I found "Honest Carls Auto Detailing and Lobotomy Shoppe".

BTW they accept walk ins.

BP = Bush's Pfault?

clearvision!

Now what have we told you about thinking! You know you're not equipped for that sort of thing.

I used to suffer from the same problem, then I found "Honest Carls Auto Detailing and Lobotomy Shoppe".

BTW they accept walk ins.

Well, shoot.....before I submit my cognitive faculties to Honest Carl's no doubt gentle ministrations, I had one more thought.

Zero, being as sensitive as he is about government spending, has allowed Ms. Birnbaum to resign in order to save the government the expense of paying her unemployment compensation. His benevolence is all encompassing.

Do you know if Carl will detail my truck while I'm going through my procedure?

"Well, shoot.....before I submit my cognitive faculties to Honest Carl's no doubt gentle ministrations, I had one more thought."

"I used to suffer from the same problem, then I found "Honest Carls Auto Detailing and Lobotomy Shoppe".

BTW they accept walk ins. "

LOL, Argyle58! Valin!