The Culture Wars are Turning

Geee

the-culture-wars-are-turning
Pajamas Media:

The Culture Wars are turning

I have been thinking for a while that the Culture Wars are turning and that the pervasive “libo-progressivism” of our Kultur is moving slowly rightward, but several reports of the last few days have convinced me this is happening more quickly than I had imagined.

The first comes from a post by the Anchoress showing parallels between recent comments by Woody Allen and NYT columnist Tom Friedman. Both men seem to be suffering from a kind of nostalgie du fascisme as opposed to the better known and more bohemian nostalgie de la boue — yearning for the mud — popularized by Orwell and others. (I wish it were the latter).

Woody Allen told Spain’s La Vanguardia that it would be a good idea if Barack Obama could be dictator for a “few years” to overcome obstructionist Republicans. Just a few days later, Friedman fantasized, on Meet the Press yet, that the solution to America’s problems might be to be more like China.

These are liberals? Well, you might say, and you might be right (pace Jonah Goldberg), that this has been their unspoken attitude all along. But publicly, this is crazy stuff. It’s self-destructive. Okay, Woody’s career is close to over, but Friedman still has his spot on the NYT opinion page. Talking about emulating the butchers of Tiananmen, even in jest, makes him sound like a totalitarian nutcase. Why is he spouting this stuff? Why is the governor coming off his motor now?snip

righteousmomma

Velly interesting.I hope the governor comes off and the dike breaches get wider before the masses of illegals are granted amnesty and the Brotherhood builds more mosques and our economy goes the way of the European wild goose --- AND after lots of ordinary folks wake the hell up.

SrWoodchuck

the-culture-wars-are-turning
Pajamas Media:

The Culture Wars are turning

I have been thinking for a while that the Culture Wars are turning and that the pervasive “libo-progressivism” of our Kultur is moving slowly rightward, but several reports of the last few days have convinced me this is happening more quickly than I had imagined.

The first comes from a post by the Anchoress showing parallels between recent comments by Woody Allen and NYT columnist Tom Friedman. Both men seem to be suffering from a kind of nostalgie du fascisme as opposed to the better known and more bohemian nostalgie de la boue — yearning for the mud — popularized by Orwell and others. (I wish it were the latter).

Woody Allen told Spain’s La Vanguardia that it would be a good idea if Barack Obama could be dictator for a “few years” to overcome obstructionist Republicans. Just a few days later, Friedman fantasized, on Meet the Press yet, that the solution to America’s problems might be to be more like China.

These are liberals? Well, you might say, and you might be right (pace Jonah Goldberg), that this has been their unspoken attitude all along. But publicly, this is crazy stuff. It’s self-destructive. Okay, Woody’s career is close to over, but Friedman still has his spot on the NYT opinion page. Talking about emulating the butchers of Tiananmen, even in jest, makes him sound like a totalitarian nutcase. Why is he spouting this stuff? Why is the governor coming off his motor now?snip

shoutGeee! Nice to see your name on another one!

A few comments:

The small victories are coming a little faster, but I'm afraid to say it because it might jinx the flow. I just want to see them in the rear view mirror, as quickly as is possible.

Regarding Woody Allen & Tom Friedman: I don't know whether they're yearnin' for Nazi's or yearnin' for mud; but if I may hack out a little francois'-------they definitely have "le cerveau plein de merde!"

Woody is what....90? When he's not on set making cerebral slap & tickle farces [Hey....don't the Frenchies like slapshtick & farces?] his much older[now] oriental child bride, is feeding him things that keep him regular, and sucking on a licorice stick. He tries "playing" with another 13 year old potential Mrs.Woody.....he'll be eating pap in the pen.

Friedman should be given the chance to cover Chinese politics.....give him the NYT China desk....from what I hear, living in China is exciting.....if you like bicycles and charcoal smoke. I have friends that lived there for eight years & I'll bet he's back in the USA within a year, tops.

I say: Panic to the progressive politico's!