A Most Disturbing Moment of Clarity

Valin

a-most-disturbing-moment-of-clarity.php
Michael J Totten:

5/13/10

Following David Horowitz's talk earlier this month at the University of California, San Diego, was one of the most chilling brief conversations I've heard in a while.

A semi-polite yet coldly hostile student in the audience introduced herself during the question period as Jumanah Imad Albahri of the Muslim Students' Association, and she refused to condemn either Hamas or Hezbollah when Horowitz asked her to clarify her position. He has faced a number of students just like her before, and he's well-practiced in the art of drawing them out, so he asked her a point-blank question that couldn't be easily dodged.

"I am a Jew," he said. "The head of Hezbollah has said that he hopes that we will gather in Israel so he doesn’t have to hunt us down globally. For or against it?"

"For it," she said.

No sooner was the video of this exchange posted when one of the student's teachers rushed to defend her.

"This girl is actually my student," A. Casavantes wrote in the comments' section of Horowitz's NewsReal blog. "I know her to be an intelligent, moral young woman who believes in peace. I do not support any organization that advocates violence against any specific group, nor do I believe that my student would do so. As a peace loving, Catholic teacher, I'm saddened that this speaker -- her elder -- manipulated the conversation in this fashion to make her look like someone she isn't, out of an egotistical desire to prove his own point, rather than engaging in a constructive dialogue."

Read the rest in Commentary Magazine.

Our politically correct citizens and illegal aliens will kill us all, e.g. this professor of hers.

A. Casavantes is A. *sshole.

SrWoodchuck

Our politically correct citizens and illegal aliens will kill us all, e.g. this professor of hers.

shoutPepper! Thank God you've been found! Welcome back!

Witness AG Holder dance this week with a congressman trying to get him to admit that, "Radical Islam" was even a motive in the attempted bombing of Times Square. He was asked point blank, at least 8 times & still wouldn't even say the words.

shoutPepper! Thank God you've been found! Welcome back!

Witness AG Holder dance this week with a congressman trying to get him to admit that, "Radical Islam" was even a motive in the attempted bombing of Times Square. He was asked point blank, at least 8 times & still wouldn't even say the words.

Hey, Argyle58! SrWoodChuck! Good to be back.

Holder is about as incompetent as a person can be and not fall while walking.

I am sure there were no other able blacks to fill the Attorney General position. s/o

From Michelle Malkin

He is conflicted because his law firm Covington & Burling represents a wide array of disaffected, including possible terrorists (Guantánamo detainees).

I am sure there were no other able blacks to fill the Attorney General position. s/o

From Michelle Malkin

He is conflicted because his law firm Covington & Burling represents a wide array of disaffected, including possible terrorists (Guantánamo detainees).

shoutPepper!!! Glad you're back. Your razor wit and classic rants were missed.

From Michelle Malkin

While I do really want to start a flame war, the name Cynthia Mckinney comes to mind.

From Michelle Malkin

While I do really want to start a flame war, the name Cynthia Mckinney comes to mind.

McKinney proved what a nut case she really was when she left the Dims three years ago to join the Green Party.

A. Casavantes appears to be a grad student. So, when she says ""This girl is actually my student", she must mean in a TA kind of way, rather than actually being her prof.

Anita%20-%20Studying.jpg

Anita Casavantes Bradford

Fields of study: U.S. and Caribbean/Cuban History

Focus area: History of Race, Ethnicity and Immigration; U.S. in the World; International Relations; Cuban, Cuban American and Latina/o History; Family, Youth and Childhood

Anita Casavantes Bradford has been awarded a 2010 Cuban Heritage Collection Research Fellowship in support of research towards her dissertation, "Understanding Elián: The Cultural Politics of Cuban Childhoods, 1959-1974." Anita's adviser is Luis Alvarez.

Remember, things are never quite what they seem in leftist land.

snip

I don't know about the kudos but it is great to be back!

When we have Obama the Man-Child in charge, it's hard not to launch into a rant, whether classic or neolithic. Just how many times do we need to get poked in the eye with a pointed stick to understand the truth: liberals in all their guises will cause the death of the United States of America.

Remember our Divider-in-Chief's motto: "E unum pluribus." Out of one come many.

righteousmomma

When we have Obama the Man-Child in charge, it's hard not to launch into a rant, whether classic or neolithic. Just how many times do we need to get poked in the eye with a pointed stick to understand the truth: liberals in all their guises will cause the death of the United States of America.

Ditto

saveliberty

snip

I don't know about the kudos but it is great to be back!

Remember our Divider-in-Chief's motto: "E unum pluribus." Out of one come many.

In the late 1950s, a Swiss playwright named Max Frisch wrote a play called Biedermann und die Brandstifter, which translates to "Everyman and the Arsonists". It was translated into English and went by The Firebugs in the UK and The Arsonists in the US. In this story, Frisch writes about how a man named Biedermann meets another man, who rents an apartment from him. Upon moving in, the new person behaves suspiciously (gathering flammable materials and storing them in the building!) even as news reports of a lone arsonist are circulating. Biedermann is caught up with propriety and can't bring himself to question the renter. In fact, Biedermann starts to help the renter carry heavy flammable objects into the house. Possibly in the hopes of ingratiating himself, but he lives in fear and denial at the same time.

Frisch may have been commenting about how the West dealt with Communism, but he could just as easily apply his observations to what this graduate student/teaching assistant is doing.

righteousmomma

You know after watching the very chilling Horowitz video I have to ask a question that was asked on another thread here yesterday:

Do we deserve a mosque at "ground zero"?

Frisch may have been commenting about how the West dealt with Communism, but he could just as easily apply his observations to what this graduate student/teaching assistant is doing.

yes.

snip

In the late 1950s, a Swiss playwright named Max Frisch wrote a play called Biedermann und die Brandstifter, which translates to "Everyman and the Arsonists". It was translated into English and went by The Firebugs in the UK and The Arsonists in the US. In this story, Frisch writes about how a man named Biedermann meets another man, who rents an apartment from him. Upon moving in, the new person behaves suspiciously (gathering flammable materials and storing them in the building!) even as news reports of a lone arsonist are circulating. Biedermann is caught up with propriety and can't bring himself to question the renter. In fact, Biedermann starts to help the renter carry heavy flammable objects into the house. Possibly in the hopes of ingratiating himself, but he lives in fear and denial at the same time.

Powerful stuff, saveliberty!

"In fact, Biedermann starts to help the renter carry heavy flammable objects into the house. Possibly in the hopes of ingratiating himself, but he lives in fear and denial at the same time."

Is that like the feds falling all over themselves and caving into CAIR at the drop of the hat when CAIR screams bias?

Is that like the feds and other state governments piling on for Arizona's sole enforcement of what is simply enforcement of a federal immigration law?

Is that like the feds not profiling at airports lest we break the rules of propriety?

Is that like Congress giving into racial hucksters such as Sharpton and Jackson and other liberals who want to redistribute your honestly earned money?

Is that like Congress giving into to so-called leaders such as the Man-Child, Reid, Pelosi, Dodd, and Frank who claim to know better than you do on how to live your life, manage your health and wealth, and teach your children?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

and

Yes.

A. Casavantes appears to be a grad student. So, when she says ""This girl is actually my student", she must mean in a TA kind of way, rather than actually being her prof.

Anita%20-%20Studying.jpg

Anita Casavantes Bradford

Fields of study: U.S. and Caribbean/Cuban History

Focus area: History of Race, Ethnicity and Immigration; U.S. in the World; International Relations; Cuban, Cuban American and Latina/o History; Family, Youth and Childhood

Anita Casavantes Bradford has been awarded a 2010 Cuban Heritage Collection Research Fellowship in support of research towards her dissertation, "Understanding Elián: The Cultural Politics of Cuban Childhoods, 1959-1974." Anita's adviser is Luis Alvarez.

Remember, things are never quite what they seem in leftist land.

It should be noted that Hamas would not be happy to see that she dresses like a whore. I mean we can see her hair, and her boobs.....oh I'm getting all excited....pant pant pant....I need a cigarette