Christian man arrested after quoting Bible at Pennsylvania Pride march

Valin

The Post Millennial

The crowd cheered as they watched Atkins get handcuffed and hauled away from the event.
The Post Millennial
Jun 6, 2023

original_Anti_Pride_Christian.jpg?168606

On Saturday, a man was arrested while protesting a Pride event outside City Hall in Reading, Pennsylvania. Police detained Damon Atkins, a self-proclaimed born-again Christian, less than a minute after he arrived on the scene.

At the time of his arrest, Atkins was standing across the street from the event and holding up a sign that read "Jesus said I am the truth, the way, the life" on one side, and "Jesus said go and sin no more" on the other.

The entire incident was caught on camera by Matthew Wear, a local resident, and fellow Christian who had been preaching at the protest.

As soon as Atkins arrived on the scene, Officer Bradley McClure approached and appeared to warn him. 

"This is public property," Atkins said, standing his ground.

"Let them have their day," McClure replied, referring to the dozens of people celebrating Pride. He then asked Atkins to show some "respect."

"Oh I'm respecting," Atkins said, pointing to his sign. "You know who's cheering for us? The people that are in hell. So you do you, and I'm gonna do me."

(Snip)

When I was a cop we would  have called this cop is Playing Billy Badass.