It’s Official! Ron DeSantis Files For 2024 Presidential Run

Geee

NY Post

Ron versus Don is on!

Ending months of speculation, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis declared his presidential candidacy Wednesday, setting up a seismic clash with former President Donald Trump for GOP supremacy.

The graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School formalized his White House bid in a filing with the Federal Election Commission.

A more formal announcement is expected to follow at 6 p.m., when DeSantis is appearing in a Twitter Space with Elon Musk.

DeSantis said last week he feels he has a much better chance than Trump of winning the election, and that “When we say we’re going to do something, we do it, and get it done.”

He acknowledged he has recently faced criticsm, including from other candidates and “two presidents,” but voters he has met are on his side.:snip:

DeSantis Releases Campaign Launch Video; Twitter Launch Crashes App As Servers ‘Strained’

Ryan Saavedra
May 24, 2023

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday evening that he is running for President of the United States.

DeSantis filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission earlier in the afternoon and released his official launch video at 6 p.m. EST on the platform.

(Snip)

DeSantis also joined a special event on Twitter with the platform’s owner, Elon Musk, which received such intense interest that it crashed the event due to the servers being overloaded.

“The servers are straining somewhat,” Musk said at one point as 700,000+ people logged into the event.

(Snip)

announced he’s running for president on Twitter. This was by far the biggest room ever held on social media. Twitter performed great after some initial scaling challenges. Thanks Twitter Team for adapting so quickly to make history!

--------------------------------------

Click On Link to Listen

May 24, 2023
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis explains why he is running for president after giving his first interview since his 2024 announcement on 'Fox News Tonight.'

Trump Releases Statement On DeSantis Entering 2024 Presidential Race

:snip:

“I’d like to personally congratulate ‘Rob’ DeSanctimonious on finally announcing that he will be entering the race for President of the United States,” Trump posted on his social media platform Truth Social. “Hopefully he will get the full experience of being attacked by the Marxists, Communists, and Radical Left Lunatics of our Country, without which he will never know the kind of job he is doing. These Lowlifes & Misfits are far worse than the leaders of hostile foreign countries. They must be soundly defeated in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

As DeSantis’ Twitter event had some technical difficulties due to the high level of strain that it placed on the company’s servers, Trump added: “‘Rob,’ My Red Button is bigger, better, stronger, and is working (TRUTH!), yours does not! (per my conversation with Kim Jung Un, of North Korea, soon to become my friend!).”

49 minutes ago, Geee said:

“I’d like to personally congratulate ‘Rob’ DeSanctimonious on finally announcing that he will be entering the race for President of the United States,” Trump posted on his social media platform Truth Social. “Hopefully he will get the full experience of being attacked by the Marxists, Communists, and Radical Left Lunatics of our Country, without which he will never know the kind of job he is doing. These Lowlifes & Misfits are far worse than the leaders of hostile foreign countries. They must be soundly defeated in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

As DeSantis’ Twitter event had some technical difficulties due to the high level of strain that it placed on the company’s servers, Trump added: “‘Rob,’ My Red Button is bigger, better, stronger, and is working (TRUTH!), yours does not! (per my conversation with Kim Jung Un, of North Korea, soon to become my friend!).”

Top Comment

Grand Ma

If Trump will be the nominee, I'll vote for him.

But if he's not, I pray he have the self control to stay out, not to run as independent.

2 hours ago, Geee said:

There are 2 Donald Trumps. The private Donald Trump who (as understand it) is a pretty nice guy. Someone you 'd like to hangout with, and the public Donald Trump who we see in this article.

• Like 1

May 25, 2023

Footage by News2Share contributor David Decker shows the progressive crowd's reaction outside immediately after learning Ron DeSantis had formally announced his 2024 presidential run in Miami on Wednesday.

The DeSantis Doctrine

Column: Ron DeSantis and the battle for the New Right

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R.) announced his presidential candidacy during a Twitter Spaces event Wednesday, but it was Elon Musk’s show. The Twitter, Tesla, and SpaceX CEO received co-billing. Moderator David Sacks, an investor and former executive at PayPal, said the technical snafu that botched the conversation was a consequence of Musk’s enormous Twitter audience. DeSantis thanked Musk for buying Twitter and turning it into a platform for free speech. Each of the guests lauded Musk’s ingenuity and courage before asking DeSantis a question. One especially obsequious Republican congressman bragged that he owned a Tesla.

DeSantis would make a point on some issue and then Musk would respond, calmly and commandingly, in his mellow South African accent. It was easy to forget that you were listening to a campaign launch and not the Wall Street Journal’s "Future of Everything Festival." Occasionally DeSantis would fall silent, and Sacks and Musk carried on without him. Musk might as well have been the candidate—and there is reason to think that, but for the Constitution, he would be.

The Twitter glitches got most of the attention, but what fascinated me were the exchanges between DeSantis, Sacks, Musk, and others. The dialogue not only revealed aspects of DeSantis’s primary strategy. It also clarified some of the animating ideas behind DeSantis’s corner of the New Right. For the contest between former president Donald Trump and DeSantis is not just over who will lead the GOP. It is also a struggle between two concepts of the New Right, pitting the former president’s MAGA populism against the Florida governor’s institutional culture war.

No one needs a lesson in Trump’s impulses and grudges. They have been at the center of our public life for six years. What’s important to recognize is that, despite his personal idiosyncrasies, Trump is an archetypal American figure.

Tribunes of the people have sprung up to rail against the Eastern elites for centuries. Jackson, Bryan, Wallace, Buchanan, Perot, Palin—the list is long. All of them have identified scapegoats, indulged in conspiracy theories, and cultivated personal followings. All of them have spoken in straightforward, declarative language. All of them have drawn huge crowds by telling the dispossessed that social status can be reclaimed by throwing out the corrupt elite and replacing it with the leader’s steady hand. Their nationalism and traditionalism have been leavened by a folk libertarianism that distrusts centralized power and is individualistic and entrepreneurial in spirit.:snip:

DeSantis's campaign is already making the Republican Party stronger

Announcing a presidential campaign through a glitchy, glorified online conference call was an interesting choice, but even if it was the wrong one, it is good that Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) has declared his intention to secure the 2024 Republican nomination.

During his Twitter Spaces event with Elon Musk, and in later interviews with other journalists, DeSantis brought freshness to the Republican primary as a candidate willing to challenge former President Donald Trump on substantive policy grounds.:snip:

If DeSantis isn't the front-runner, why is everyone treating him like he is?

While the establishment media pundit sphere obsesses over declaring Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) campaign launch a disaster, everyone has made it clear that DeSantis is the front-runner in their mind.

DeSantis’s initial Twitter Spaces room suffered from technical problems after more than 700,000 people joined, the largest Twitter Spaces room on Twitter the platform has seen. Yes, the big pie-in-his-face moment for DeSantis’s campaign launch is apparently that there was too much enthusiasm. You got him right where you want him, guys.:snip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

If DeSantis isn't the front-runner, why is everyone treating him like he is?

While the establishment media pundit sphere obsesses over declaring Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) campaign launch a disaster, everyone has made it clear that DeSantis is the front-runner in their mind.

DeSantis’s initial Twitter Spaces room suffered from technical problems after more than 700,000 people joined, the largest Twitter Spaces room on Twitter the platform has seen. Yes, the big pie-in-his-face moment for DeSantis’s campaign launch is apparently that there was too much enthusiasm. You got him right where you want him, guys.:snip:

IF Donald Trump is doing so well, and Everyone LOVES him(or so the Ever Tumpers say), why does he obsess on DeSantis? :scratchhead:

• Like 1