Crock Pot Swiss Steak and Rice Recipe

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Crock Pot Swiss Steak and Rice Recipe

Delicious Swiss Steak and Rice from your crock pot from Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites!

5 from 2 votes

Print  Pin  Rate

Course: Main Course

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 8 hours

Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes

Servings: 4 -6

Author: Aunt Lou

Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark

Ingredients

·        2 lb beef eye of round roast

·        29 oz diced tomatoes (2 – 14.5 oz cans)

·        1 onion diced

·        5½ c water divided

·        ½ c sugar

·        1-2 t salt

·        2-3 t pepper

·        2 c long-cooking rice uncooked

Instructions

1.              Put your roast in your crock pot

2.              Pour your undrained tomatoes on top of your roast

3.              Evenly distribute your onion, 3½ cups of water, sugar, salt and pepper on top of your roast

4.              Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

5.              minutes before you will be eating, take 2 cups of liquid from your crock pot and pour it into a saucepan

6.              Add the remaining 2 cups of water and uncooked rice to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat

7.              Place a lid on your saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and your rice is tender

8.              Take two forks and shred your roast

9.      Serve roast with rice and extra liquid from your crock pot

Notes

·        In the prep time on this one, it says 20 minutes. That is not prep time at the beginning though. This is basically a dump and go recipe, but you need the extra 10-15 minutes at the end to make up your rice.

·        Speaking of the rice in this Crock Pot Swiss Steak and Rice. Oh. My. Yum. I love beef. It would be my choice anyday, but it is hard to decide which is the best part of this recipe…the rice is that good!

·        Now I know this will be a shocker to everyone, but I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. I use this one so much that I will probably cry (and then immediately buy a new one) when I finally wear it out!

·        As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.

·        All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.