Wizard of woke: Director to revamp The Wizard of Oz with LGBT representation

Valin

wizard-of-woke-the-wizard-of-oz-lgbtq-representation
The Washington Examiner

Julia Johnson, Trending News Editor

September 22, 2022

Writer and director Kenya Barris is switching out The Wizard of Oz's Dust Bowl community and opting for an LGBT theme in his adaptation of the classic film.

“Now we’re going to turn a mirror on where we’re at right now and take disparate characters from the LGBTQ community, from different cultural communities and socioeconomic communities, and tell a story that reflects the world. I think this is the best time to do that,” he told Variety.

Last month, Warner Bros. announced Barris as the adaptation's writer and director. Barris's Khalabo Ink Society is also producing the reimagined classic.

(Snip)

This is a Parody/Satire...

...Not A Guideline Hollywood.

29 minutes ago, Valin said:
wizard-of-woke-the-wizard-of-oz-lgbtq-representation
The Washington Examiner

Julia Johnson, Trending News Editor

September 22, 2022

Writer and director Kenya Barris is switching out The Wizard of Oz's Dust Bowl community and opting for an LGBT theme in his adaptation of the classic film.

“Now we’re going to turn a mirror on where we’re at right now and take disparate characters from the LGBTQ community, from different cultural communities and socioeconomic communities, and tell a story that reflects the world. I think this is the best time to do that,” he told Variety.

Last month, Warner Bros. announced Barris as the adaptation's writer and director. Barris's Khalabo Ink Society is also producing the reimagined classic.

(Snip)

This is a Parody/Satire...

...Not A Guideline Hollywood.

Isn't it interesting that they can't create new material instead they corrupt the classics.

22 minutes ago, MISBAILEY said:

Isn't it interesting that they can't create new material instead they corrupt the classics.

I've seen that comment many times. I have been told (by those in  Hollywood) these are some of  the most Creative people on the Planet. The same people that gave us Ghostbusters  III.