VIDEO: Watch Mandela Barnes Say World Must ‘Stymie Capitalism’ To Combat Climate Change

Valin

video-watch-mandela-barnes-say-world-must-stymie-capitalism-to-combat-climate-change
The Washington Free Beacon

Wisconsin Democrat said free enterprise has put world on 'path to destruction'

Alana Goodman

September 14, 2022

Sep 14, 2022 Wisconsin Democrat said free enterprise has put world on 'path to destruction'

Wisconsin Democratic Senate candidate Mandela Barnes argued to the United Nations that the United States needs to "stymie capitalism" in order to combat climate change, arguing that the free enterprise system has sent the world down a "path to destruction," according to a video obtained by the Washington Free Beacon from the United Nations archives.

Barnes, speaking as Wisconsin's lieutenant governor at the 2019 U.N. Climate Change Conference in Spain, was asked what policymakers should do to address climate change. Barnes put the blame on the United States and its economic system.

"The simple answer is get money out of politics," said Barnes. "The second answer is to stymie capitalism the way it is in America."

Barnes goes on to offer a blistering critique of American capitalism that is far stronger than any statements he has made on the campaign trail. The unearthed remarks could be an obstacle for Barnes as he works to distance himself from far-left policies he championed during his decade-long political career. His speech—which was first reported by Empower Wisconsin but has not previously been published in video—pins the blame for climate change, as well as gun violence, on widespread greed in the United States.

(Snip)

@Valin - and if you give any credence to polls - he's ahead of Johnson. Also the Dem Senate campaign fund, just gave him a million for his campaign.

2 hours ago, Geee said:

@Valin - and if you give any credence to polls - he's ahead of Johnson. Also the Dem Senate campaign fund, just gave him a million for his campaign.

I just don't understand some peoples thinking.

Ron Johnson jumps into lead in Wisconsin Senate poll as Democrat negatives rise

The mood seems to be changing in Wisconsin’s top two races this November, even as the numbers continue to show toss-ups.

The latest Marquette Law School Poll released yesterday gives Democratic Gov. Tony Evers and Republican U,S. Senator Ron Johnson slight leads in their races. Evers is up 47-44 on Republican Tim Michels, while Johnson is up 49-48 over Democrat Mandela Barnes.:snip:

3 hours ago, Geee said:

Ron Johnson jumps into lead in Wisconsin Senate poll as Democrat negatives rise

The mood seems to be changing in Wisconsin’s top two races this November, even as the numbers continue to show toss-ups.

The latest Marquette Law School Poll released yesterday gives Democratic Gov. Tony Evers and Republican U,S. Senator Ron Johnson slight leads in their races. Evers is up 47-44 on Republican Tim Michels, while Johnson is up 49-48 over Democrat Mandela Barnes.:snip:

This is why I don't pay much attention to stories about Polls (even though I will post them). This tells me...nothing, other than its a close race. What Would  tell me something is the removal of Madison & Milwaukee, and how the candidates were doing. 

What I mean is, here in Mn. if you are a DFL candidate running for Statewide office, thee are only 4 places that matter. The Twin Cities, Duluth,  Rochester, Mankato. The rest of the State doesn't matter. And Really Only The Twin Cities Really Matters, you get 70-80% of those votes...You Win.  I suspect the same is true in Wisconsin, Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Superior, are all that matters. I would  also place a small wage that those are the places  Evens & Barnes are doing 90% of their campaigning in.

• Like 1

@Geee

In spite of what I said

Alpha News whee Mn. gets its news

EXCLUSIVE: Jensen surges, Schultz leads in new Alpha News/Trafalgar Group poll

Screen-Shot-2022-09-19-at-3.28.23-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-09-19-at-3.28.36-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-09-19-at-3.28.52-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-09-19-at-3.29.03-PM.png

____________________________________________________________________________________

My Comments

1. From Your Lips To Gods Ear.

2. Better to act/run as if you are 5 points behind.
3. IMO Way Too Many stories about Polls. Who is Ahead. Lazy Journalism (ie I Need a story NOW. What is the latest Poll?)

A bit off topic (not that I ever let a little thing like that stop me).

I've been looking at 2024 in the last couple on months. Looking at the candidates Democrat & Republican. One conclusion I have come to The Democratic Party has a REAL WEAK BENCH. Now people can say I'm being Partisan (Guilty as charged). I mean look at who is being Talked about? At Best B list candidates. Joe Biden, Stacey Abrams, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker...Give Me A Break!

23 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

In spite of what I said

____________________________________________________________________________________

My Comments

3. IMO Way Too Many stories about Polls. Who is Ahead. Lazy Journalism (ie I Need a story NOW. What is the latest Poll?)

I've been looking at 2024 in the last couple on months. Looking at the candidates Democrat & Republican. One conclusion I have come to The Democratic Party has a REAL WEAK BENCH. Now people can say I'm being Partisan (Guilty as charged). I mean look at who is being Talked about? At Best B list candidates. Joe Biden, Stacey Abrams, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker...Give Me A Break!

And yet - one of those people is sitting in the oval office. Trump would have won the last election, cheating or no cheating, if he just would have toned it down. If he alienates the people that have been swayed by the awful job of Brandon, we may just have a repeat. They may consider the Dem to be the lesser of the two evils and vote that way despite their repugnance. 

43 minutes ago, Geee said:

And yet - one of those people is sitting in the oval office. Trump would have won the last election, cheating or no cheating, if he just would have toned it down. If he alienates the people that have been swayed by the awful job of Brandon, we may just have a repeat. They may consider the Dem to be the lesser of the two evils and vote that way despite their repugnance. 

One of the reasons I have...Questions about the 2020 election

GettyImages-1228713310-645x645.jpg

28biden-campaign3-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

BoatParade1.jpg

Even when Trump wasn't there...1,000's showed up

2 hours ago, Valin said:

One of the reasons I have...Questions about the 2020 election

GettyImages-1228713310-645x645.jpg

28biden-campaign3-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

BoatParade1.jpg

Even when Trump wasn't there...1,000's showed up

EXACTLY!!!

On 9/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, Valin said:

@Geee

In spite of what I said

My Comments

Sep. 21 2022

Robert Cahaly, chief pollster and strategist with The Trafalgar Group, joined Liz Collin to weigh in on the recent Minnesota general election poll his firm conducted for Alpha News.