Supreme Court Sides With Yeshiva University In LGBTQ Club Case

Valin

supreme-court-sides-with-yeshiva-university-in-lgbtq-club-case
The Daily Wire

Dillon Burroughs

Sep 9, 2022 

The Supreme Court ruled on Friday to temporarily block a New York judge’s order to force Yeshiva University to recognize a club for LGBTQ students until the college’s religious freedom case is completed.

Justice Sonia Sotomayer signed the order that included no dissents in the Friday ruling. Sotomayer signed the ruling as she is the circuit justice for the Second District that includes New York.

“Yeshiva shouldn’t have been forced to go all the way to the Supreme Court to receive such a commonsense ruling in favor of its First Amendment rights,” Eric Baxter, vice president and senior counsel at Becket, said in a statement sent to The Daily Wire following the ruling.

(Snip)

The Reason Barry Goldwater voted Against The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was it included Private businesses institutions.

3 minutes ago, Valin said:
supreme-court-sides-with-yeshiva-university-in-lgbtq-club-case
The Daily Wire

Dillon Burroughs

Sep 9, 2022 

The Supreme Court ruled on Friday to temporarily block a New York judge’s order to force Yeshiva University to recognize a club for LGBTQ students until the college’s religious freedom case is completed.

Justice Sonia Sotomayer signed the order that included no dissents in the Friday ruling. Sotomayer signed the ruling as she is the circuit justice for the Second District that includes New York.

“Yeshiva shouldn’t have been forced to go all the way to the Supreme Court to receive such a commonsense ruling in favor of its First Amendment rights,” Eric Baxter, vice president and senior counsel at Becket, said in a statement sent to The Daily Wire following the ruling.

(Snip)

The Reason Barry Goldwater voted Against The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was it included Private businesses institutions.

I saw this article this morning. What surprised me is that it was Sotomayer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Antisemitism Runs Amok at CUNY as Teachers Fight for Janus Rights

The bargaining unit for the school system’s employees is fixated on BDS advocacy and unabashed in the harassment of Jewish professors. But they are fighting back.

Jack Fowler

September 19, 2022

The charge that palpable antisemitism is an emerging fact of life in the Big Apple — locus of the world’s highest concentration of Jews outside of Israel — might strike many as hyperbole or even paranoia. But as a recent Tablet article convincingly declares, “It’s Open Season on Jews in New York City.”

While the Tablet article documents the outbreak of hate crimes committed against Jews in the five boroughs — injustices compounded by the failure to prosecute perpetrators — the foulness of antisemitism is far from limited to the city’s mean streets and nasty subways. Indeed, it has festered in the one place that the memory and experience of many New Yorkers hold as a hospitable bastion for Jewish students, teachers, and intellectuals: the City University of New York, the nation’s largest urban university system.

(Snip)

Like its beleaguered students, many of CUNY’s Jewish professors, especially those holding pro-Zionist positions, know too well that this once-hospitable institution has evolved into an intimidating workplace — so much so that New York City’s left-bent city council held hearings in July to expose the school system’s normalizing of antisemitism. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission also recently found that the Brooklyn-based Kingsborough Community College “has discriminated and retaliated against” one professor “and other similarly situated individuals on the account of religion.”

Piled on to the malicious campus antics, the endless anti-Israeli “Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions” (BDS) campaigns that are a staple of progressive protest-theater, and the colleague-hounding tactics of CUNY’s Palestine-obsessed “Progressive Faculty Caucus” is the contempt the faculty union — the decidedly leftist Professional Staff Congress/CUNY (PSC) — harbors for its members who are observant Jews holding pro-Zionist positions.

(Snip)

Sep 19, 2022 This week, Eric Kohn, Dan Hugger, and Dylan Pahman are joined by special guest Rabbi Jonathan Greenberg to discuss the recent New York Times article on New York City’s Orthodox yeshivas. Is the Times piece fair? What interest does the state have in the kind of education the children in Hasidic enclaves in New York City are receiving? And is America becoming increasingly inhospitable to Jews? Then the guys discuss the move by some state governors to send migrants who arrive at the southern border to so-called sanctuary cities. Is this a defensible policy, with the supposed ends justifying using fellow humans as the means of making a political point?

• 2 weeks later...

Sep 28, 2022 During what's meant to be a joyous time, Jewish students were subjected to antisemitic attacks on multiple college campuses during Rosh Hashanah. It's time for universities to finally take action against antisemitism.

"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

Gen 12:3

Now I don't know about others, BUT I have more than enough...issues in my life, that the LAST thing I need is God (That would be the One who created The Universe) cursing me.

For 3500+ years people have been tying to get rid of The Jews. With a notable LACK  of success it should be noted. Take The Hint!

I'm Not saying you have to Love them and think they the greatest thing since sliced bread...just don't try to exterminate them. I don't think that is so unreasonable.