BERNARD SHAW, FOUNDING CNN ANCHOR, DIES AT 82

Geee

bernard-shaw-founding-cnn-anchor-dies-at-82
CNN

(CNN)Former CNN anchor Bernard Shaw died Wednesday of pneumonia unrelated to Covid-19, Shaw's family announced in a statement Thursday. Shaw was 82.

Shaw was CNN's first chief anchor and was with the network when it launched on June 1, 1980. He retired from CNN after more than 20 years on February 28, 2001.

During his storied career, Shaw reported on some of the biggest stories of that time -- including the student revolt in Tiananmen Square in May 1989, the First Gulf war live from Baghdad in 1991, and the 2000 presidential election.

•  

"Even after he left CNN, Bernie remained a close member of our CNN family providing our viewers with context about historic events as recently as last year," Chris Licht, CNN Chairman and CEO, said in a statement Thursday. "The condolences of all of us at CNN go out to his wife Linda and his children.":snip:

@Geee

My mother always said "If you can't say something nice about someone say nothing......................................................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, Valin said:

@Geee

My mother always said "If you can't say something nice about someone say nothing......................................................................................................................................................

That's OK, Mr Geee said it ALL when I told him about it :o  I do still remember him laying on the floor in his hotel room in Baghdad as the bombs went off. I also remember 

he felt it was against his journalistic integrity to divulge any facts that would help American targeting.:angry:

• Like 1