The Secret Curriculum

Geee

the_secret_curriculum_148155.html
Real Clear Politics

School is starting, but don't count on getting answers about what your child is being taught. School administrators commonly lie or give parents the runaround.

That explains the fireworks over Jeremy Boland, a Greenwich, Connecticut, elementary school assistant principal, bragging about how the school pushes kids to think in a "progressive" way that he hopes will make them Democratic voters.

The school's hiring process, he explains in a video, is geared to accomplish indoctrination. Prospective teachers who are Catholics or over 30 are disqualified. They're too set in their ways, he says. Catholics are unlikely to "acknowledge a child's gender preferences" or go against parents. He says, "You don't hire them."

When the video was released last week, Greenwich authorities immediately put their free-speaking assistant principal on leave. But Peter Sherr, who served on the Greenwich Board of Education for 12 years until last December, attests that Boland's comments are very accurate. "I can say with a high degree of confidence that Mr. Boland is not alone," he said.

The video, made by the undercover investigative nonprofit Project Veritas, is part of a "Secret Curriculum" series. Another video shows Jenn Norris, director of student activities at New York City's Trinity School, swearing she'd never allow a Republican speaker at the school. "Not on my watch."

Secrecy is a problem across the country. Officials discourage parents' inquiries and throw up roadblocks to those who persist.

Jackie Homan, who has three sons at Greenwich High School, says when she questioned the curriculum at a Board of Education meeting, "they laughed me out of the room." She filed Freedom of Information Act requests, and after months of runaround, got some information, but not about the class that worried her the most -- SEL, short for social and emotional learning.:snip:

@Geee

Prepare yourself for a SHOCK. Are you ready? Ok Here we go.  According to Google News other than NY Post  [n]Nothing[/b] in the MSM.  So I guess this did happen.