Mikhail Gorbachev, final leader of Soviet Union, dies at 91

Geee

story?id=89067527
ABC News

Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev has died "after a serious and long illness," the Central Clinical Hospital reported on Tuesday.

He was 91 years old. A more specific cause of death was not immediately clear.

Gorbachev will be buried at Moscow's Novo-Dyevitchiye cemetery, next to his wife, Raisa, Russia's state-run news agency Tass reported.

Gorbachev was the last leader of the Soviet Union before it dissolved. He ruled as general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1985 until 1991 and was the country's only president, a title he took in the waning months of his time in office.

Young and energetic, his rise in the '80s signaled a new spring for what was then one of the world's two superpowers. A political insider with a view to the outside, Gorbachev set into motion radical reforms -- that led to a series of unintended events.:snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Gorebasm (or Goregasm)

Suggested by a caller during the second hour of the July 12, 2007 show, to recycle Gorbasm, originally referring to the excitement Liberals felt seeing or hearing Mikhail Gorbachev, now referring to the excitement one has over seeing or hearing Al Gore as part of a global warming presentation.[74] Additionally, a July 10, 2007 caller complained that a date was ruined by a Goregasm she was having.

RUSH: I was getting ready here to take control of this call and steer it in a different direction. Yeah, okay, she was having a Goregasm. All right, got it, got it.

CALLER: She was almost in ecstasy talking about the movie. So we get back to the house and finally, she invited me in, but I just said thank you for the date and have a nice life and walked off. He ruined what could have turned tout to be a great thing, but that stupid movie, I think she would have had more fun that night lying in bed watching this movie than she would have had with me — and it ruined what could have been a great thing.

RUSH: Yeah, obviously it did. I mean, in your mind if it’s over, it’s over.

CALLER: It’s over, but you know, any babe that gets that excited…

RUSH: Was there an argument that ensued when she started having these Goregasms?