Ex-Time reporter: The day I knew journalism had died in America

Geee

kenneth-r-timmerman-reflects-on-the-day-journalism-died-in-us
NY Post

I have covered war, espionage and intrigue for major news organizations in the United States and around the world, including the New York Times, Newsweek, Time magazine, Reader’s Digest, CBS 60 Minutes, ABC News, Le Monde, L’Express, Le Point, and many others. That was when these organizations still tried to be “mainstream” and did not pull punches, self-censor and lie to protect their political allies. 

Only when I was fired by Time in 1994 for investigating a story that threatened President Bill Clinton and many senior officials in his administration did I begin to understand that the mainstream media was dead. 

The first war I went to cover was the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982. As a Left-Bank expat living in Paris, I naturally sympathized with the Palestinians and planned to embed with a pro-Palestinian NGO in beseiged West Beirut. I wanted to write about the plight of innocent civilians whose lives had been shattered by war.:snip:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Geee said:
kenneth-r-timmerman-reflects-on-the-day-journalism-died-in-us
NY Post 

The first war I went to cover was the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982. As a Left-Bank expat living in Paris, I naturally sympathized with the Palestinians and planned to embed with a pro-Palestinian NGO in beseiged West Beirut. I wanted to write about the plight of innocent civilians whose lives had been shattered by war.:snip:

israeli-army.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=

The Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982 was the first war Timmerman covered. As a progressive, he initially expected to sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians. Instead, the Palestinians threw him in jail and beat him. Getty Images

Reality Can Be A Cast Iron Bitch!

IMO If someone is On The Left/Progressive they are (choose 1) 1. Evil (adjective profoundly immoral and wicked.), or 2. Incredibly Naive (makes a 4 year old look like a world weary cynic), 3. 4 IQ points dumber than a retarded flatworm.

Points 2/3 50-60 years ago I would not have said that. Today...?