Iceland Volcano Eruption Update; Geldingadalir Fissure Expands, High Lava Effusion

Valin

Aug 4, 2022 A new volcanic eruption recently began in Iceland just outside of the nation's capital. What was initially a 100 meter long fissure is now more than 350 meters or 1,148 feet in length and has created somewhat of a surprise. This new eruption is outputting a volume of lava which is more than 5 times higher than witnessed in a similar eruption last year. So, what will happen next? Where will the lava flow? This video will answer these two questions and the ongoing volcanic eruption.

Links to more official sources:

(Snip)

0:00 A New Eruption in Iceland

0:28 A High Lava Effusion Rate

1:31 Lava Flow Paths

1:52 A VEI 0 Eruption

2:15 Sulfur Dioxide

2:55 Geldingadalir, Krysuvik, or Fagradalsfjall?

3:38 Conclusion

Aug 4, 2022 Drone footage of New Iceland Volcano. 4K. 30 fps. Air 2S. The new volcanic eruption started in Iceland today on August 3, 2022 at Meradalir Valley, Reykjanes Peninsula. And we went to film it. Tough hike though. 2 hours walk one way, through very rough terrain. The new fissure emitting 5-10 times more lava as compared to 2021 volcano start more than a year ago.

Aug 5, 2022 Hello everybody, hope you're doing great and are ready for some volcano updates! So it's now been two days since an eruption began here in Iceland just 1,5km northeast of the eruption we had last year. Now we have a lot of new information and data on the eruption which I'll go over in this video.

This eruption is much larger than the first eruption but its size has fluctuated a bit since it started, but this development is normal and to be expected.

Like the last eruption, its size points toward a long-lasting eruption that could go on for months with the last eruption lasting 6 months.

Gas will now be flying around the vicinity of the volcano and will reach certain towns when the wind blows in a certain direction and gas levels will be monitored.

Aug 5, 2022 Meradalir Volcano Eruption on August 5, 2022. Today I have made my 2nd trip to the new eruption site in Meradalir where I met my friend Julius. The way there was easy but on the way back we got into a bad rain storm with wind. Weather deteriorated quickly. Still it was worth it. Some stunning videos coming soon.

Aug 6, 2022 Iceland Volcano Eruption 2022 in Meradalir valleys, Reykjanes peninsula. Aerial footage from drone.

As you see, lava started spilling behind the mountain into a different valley. New Volcanic Eruption in Meradalir, Iceland. Today we witnessed remarkable lava flood as tons of lava broke down from the upper platform. I had to run away in the end as an earthquake hit when I was filming this thing! It was quite scary in fact. Meradalir Volcano Eruption on August 5, 2022. Today I have made my 2nd trip to the new eruption site in Meradalir where I met my friend Julius. The way there was easy but on the way back we got into a bad rain storm with wind. Weather deteriorated quickly. Still it was worth it. Some stunning videos coming soon.

Aug 7, 2022 Volcanic eruption in Meradalir valley, Iceland on August 5, 2022, very windy and rainy day. As seen with GoPro 10 some minutes after the big lava spillover. Here I used a different camera. See the sheer size of the newly formed lavafields, formed in less than 5 days!

Aug 12, 2022 The new volcanic eruption in Iceland seen from drone. See the volcano backside, how the new volcano cone is being formed from the accumulation of dopping lava pieces. This footage had been filmed in the afternoon of August 10th in Meradalir valley, Reykjanes peninsula, Iceland. Drone used: DJI Air 2S. Resolution: 4K. Recording speed: 30 frames per second. This is the 3rd drone flight (in its entirety) I made during the trip no. 3. All drone flights of mine from 2022 eruption - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-xX...

Aug 15, 2022 Meradalir Volcano seen in the evening of August 15th, 2022. We just returned from our 5th Volcsno expedition the newly erupting in Meradalir valleys. Volcano changed a lot. Now we don't have a small crater, it's gone dormant and big cone almost closed itself with just one exit facing south.

Aug 16, 2022 Meradalir Volcano seen in the evening of August 15th, 2022. We just returned from our 5th Volcano expedition the newly erupting in Meradalir valleys. Volcano changed a lot. Now we don't have a small crater, it's gone dormant and big cone almost closed itself with just one exit facing south.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile over in the other side of the planet.....................

Sept. 2 2022

----------------------------------------

9.471 on the Cool-O-Meter.