Deep Thoughts from Michelle Obama

Valin

BenShapiro
Ben Shapio

Jul 30, 2022 I know we're all supposed to believe that Michelle Obama is a profound thinker and brilliant writer, but these sections from the introduction to her new book are absolutely insipid, warmed-over new-age dreck.

The Light We Carry

(Snip)

In recognition of Mrs. Obama’s long-standing commitment to mentorship and education as well as her inspiring leadership in encouraging young people to discover the power of their own stories, to commemorate the publication of THE LIGHT WE CARRY Penguin Random House is naming in her honor an annual $10,000 “Michelle Obama Award for Memoir” within its signature Creative Writing Awards (CWA) program. Since 1993, the Creative Writing Awards program has awarded more than $2.8 million to public high school students for writing, within five categories: original poetry (the Amanda Gorman Award for Poetry); memoir/personal essay (now the Michelle Obama Award for Memoir); fiction/drama; spoken-word compositions (the Maya Angelou Award for Spoken Word); and the NYC Entrant Award. In partnership with the grassroots nonprofit We Need Diverse Books, the program empowers and celebrates hundreds of young writers each year and underscores Penguin Random House’s commitment to identifying and nurturing new literary talent. More information about the Creative Writing Awards program can be found here: CWA Program

The print edition of THE LIGHT WE CARRY will have a suggested list price of $32.50 in the U.S. and $42.00 in Canada. The digital edition will be priced at $16.99 in the U.S. and $18.99 in Canada. Information about the book is available to consumers at www.michelleobamabooks.com.

This is $32.50 Saved.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

How Much Wood, Could A Woodchuck Chuck. If A Woodchuck could chuck wood? 🤔

I just read today the Showtime has 'chucked' a series that they had her in.

Something I have noticed. When Republican Presidents leave office, they petty much Disappear. Not so with Democrat Presidents. I'm thinking the last 2 in particular.  What is the old song "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?"

How can I miss you when you won't go away?
Keep telling you day after day
But you won't listen, you always stay and stay
How can I miss you when you won't go away?

Your never ending presence really cramps my style
I dream that it won't always be the same
At first I was attracted but after a while
Have you ever heard of the hard-to-get game?

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Something I have noticed. When Republican Presidents leave office, they petty much Disappear

That was pretty much true until the last one😉

• Like 1