CNN Chief’s Republican Apology Tour

Geee

chris-lichts-republican-apology-tour
Free Beacon

CNN's new CEO, Chris Licht, has been attending to an audience neglected by the network for the past several years: Republican lawmakers.

The network boss camped out in mid-July in a room on the first floor of the Senate side of the Capitol, S-120, where he asked GOP lawmakers to come talk with him privately. That arrangement avoided alerting the reporters who stalk the halls of the Capitol, sources said, and accommodated Republican lawmakers who preferred not to be seen hobnobbing with him.

Licht's message, according to one of the lawmakers who sat down with him as well as to several sources briefed on the exchanges: "We want to win back your trust."

The CNN chief spent between 45 minutes and an hour cajoling GOP lawmakers who no longer appear on the network to come back on the air — and assuring them he'd praise producers for inviting them and communicate his displeasure if he doesn't believe they are treated fairly

"I think he does genuinely want that to happen," one Republican lawmaker told the Washington Free Beacon. "Put aside ideology, I think he thinks CNN sucks.":snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:
chris-lichts-republican-apology-tour
Free Beacon

1. "I think he does genuinely want that to happen," one Republican lawmaker told the Washington Free Beacon. "Put aside ideology, I think he thinks CNN sucks.":snip:

2. But Licht has made few personnel changes. While he elevated Virginia Moseley to the network's top editorial spot, Puck‘s Dylan Byers has observed that "what's actually notable" about the changes he's made thus far "is that the leadership team is comprised of exactly the same people who were working under Zucker. One might disparagingly call it a rearranging of deck chairs on the Titanic."

1. Because It Does. I subscribe to their Youtube channel, and its petty Bad. Its 90% Trump/Republicans are bad terrible people. The only question is, are they worse than MSNBC? This is NOT a contest you want to win.

2. Sure looks that way. IF he is serious (and he may be), he would be letting people go, and bringing in people from Flyover/Jesusland. Hopefully not gone to Schools of Journalism. I believe news Media started going downhill when people became Journalists and stopped being Reporters.

jesusland.jpg?resize=700,525&ssl=1