96% OF U.S. CLIMATE DATA IS CORRUPTED -New Surface Stations Report Released – It’s ‘worse than we thought’

Geee

new-surface-stations-report-released-its-worse-than-we-thought
Watts Uo With That

Official NOAA temperature stations produce corrupted data due to purposeful placement in man-made hot spots

Nationwide study follows up widespread corruption and heat biases found at NOAA stations in 2009, and the heat-bias distortion problem is even worse now

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL (July 27, 2022) – A new study, Corrupted Climate Stations: The Official U.S. Surface Temperature Record Remains Fatally Flawed, finds approximately 96 percent of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) considers to be “acceptable” and  uncorrupted placement by its own published standards.

The report, published by The Heartland Institute, was compiled via satellite and in-person survey visits to NOAA weather stations that contribute to the “official” land temperature data in the United States. The research shows that 96% of these stations are corrupted by localized effects of urbanization – producing heat-bias because of their close proximity to asphalt, machinery, and other heat-producing, heat-trapping, or heat-accentuating objects. Placing temperature stations in such locations violates NOAA’s own published standards (see section 3.1 at this link), and strongly undermines the legitimacy and the magnitude of the official consensus on long-term climate warming trends in the United States.

“With a 96 percent warm-bias in U.S. temperature measurements, it is impossible to use any statistical methods to derive an accurate climate trend for the U.S.” said Heartland Institute Senior Fellow Anthony Watts, the director of the study. “Data from the stations that have not been corrupted by faulty placement show a rate of warming in the United States reduced by almost half compared to all stations.”

NOAA’s “Requirements and Standards for [National Weather Service] Climate Observations” instructs that temperature data instruments must be “over level terrain (earth or sod) typical of the area around the station and at least 100 feet from any extensive concrete or paved surface.” And that “all attempts will be made to avoid areas where rough terrain or air drainage are proven to result in non-representative temperature data.” This new report shows that instruction is regularly violated.:snip:

@Geee

Rellated

Team Biden’s refusal to admit we’re in a recession is just another reason Americans don’t trust our institutions

Glenn H. Reynolds

July 28, 2022

Why don’t Americans trust the government and other institutions? Maybe it’s because the government and other institutions aren’t trustworthy. 

There’s certainly plenty of evidence for both the lack of trust and the lack of trustworthiness. And if the trend continues, it bodes poorly for America.

The news is bad on the lack of trust. A recent University of Chicago Institute of Politics poll found that a majority of Americans think that the government is “corrupt and rigged against people like me.” Two-thirds of Republicans and independents felt that way, but things weren’t much better among liberals, 51% of whom agreed. So this isn’t the usual sour grapes from the party out of power — it’s a general sentiment.

Why do people feel that way? Well, that’s a real poser, but I’m going to offer a suggestion: They feel that way because they’ve noticed that the government is corrupt and rigged against people like them.

(Snip)

From The Comments

John Smith 13 hours ago

Glen, that’s the whole point. Place distrust in our institutions so we will be gung-ho to tear them down so they can be rebuilt in the eyes of the New Liberal World Order (NLWO - their words on national TV not mine). Flat out lie about everything so we all will be for dismantling the government. Be careful what we wish for as the globalists have an agenda. And while C19 wasn’t the crown jewel they hoped for they’ll keep trying until one sticks. Seems the latest is attacking farmers and the food supply. We’d all be shocked at what a hungry human will do to another. And to those who are going along with these evil plans who think they will be safe…good luck. Until we address the WEF, WHO, UN and other ‘world’ organizations we are all at risk of losing it all. And yes even us gun toting Americans.

Can Anyone Honestly say there is ONE national institution you have a great deal of Trust In? I ask, because I cannot think of one.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Can Anyone Honestly say there is ONE national institution you have a great deal of Trust In? I ask, because I cannot think of one.

You got me there. Spent about 5 minutes and no light came on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

You got me there. Spent about 5 minutes and no light came on.

That[/b[ is a Real Problem.