Climate Emergency! What a Crock!

Geee

climate-emergency-what-a-crock
Issues & Insights

Joe Biden did not declare a climate emergency last week, as many in his party urged him to do. One Democratic senator claimed that the changing climate required “bold, intense executive action” from the president. Another said Biden needed to move because “the climate crisis is a threat to national security.” But there’s no emergency. It’s a wholly manufactured charade.

Though he put off an executive action, Biden said last Wednesday that he has “a responsibility to act with urgency and resolve when our nation faces clear and present danger. And that’s what climate change is about. It is literally, not figuratively, a clear and present danger. The health of our citizens and our communities is literally at stake.” 

His non-COVID fever continued:

“Climate change is literally an existential threat to our nation and to the world. … Right now, 100 million Americans are under heat alert – 100 million Americans. Ninety communities across America set records for high temperatures just this year, including here in New England as we speak.”

On the same day Biden issued an authoritarian’s threat:

“Since Congress is not acting on the climate emergency, I will,” he tweeted. “And in the coming weeks my Administration will begin to announce executive actions to combat this emergency.”:snip:

• 2 weeks later...

Climate Emergency? What A Crock, Part 2

Just last week, congressional Democrats were urging President Joe Biden to declare a climate emergency because some Americans were enduring a patch of hot weather. Though more than a bit meshuga, they couldn’t match the fever of Bill Weir. The CNN chief climate correspondent said, also last week, that “the fate of life on earth is at stake” because Washington isn’t doing more to cool the planet.

Yet again, pieces of a puzzle a pre-schooler could put together in a couple of minutes are missing.

One of those lost pieces is the surface temperature record that the climate alarmists tell us is evidence that man is overheating Earth. They treat the record as if it’s irrefutable fact. But it’s not quite that. The reality is the temperature record has “been substantially corrupted,” according to a new study.

“Approximately 96% of U.S. temperature stations fail to meet what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) considers to be ‘acceptable,’ uncorrupted placement,” says former broadcast meteorologist Anthony Watts in a Heartland Institute study. “These findings strongly undermine the legitimacy and the magnitude of the official consensus on long-term climate warming trends.”:snip:

22 minutes ago, Geee said:

Climate Emergency? What A Crock, Part 2

“Approximately 96% of U.S. temperature stations fail to meet what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) considers to be ‘acceptable,’ uncorrupted placement,” says former broadcast meteorologist Anthony Watts in a Heartland Institute study. “These findings strongly undermine the legitimacy and the magnitude of the official consensus on long-term climate warming trends.”:snip:

:blink: I thought this issue was taken care of 10-15 yeas ago! That's what I get for Thinking.

1 hour ago, Valin said:
1 hour ago, Geee said:

:blink: I thought this issue was taken care of 10-15 yeas ago! That's what I get for Thinking.

Well, Obama promised to wave his hands and stop the seas from rising. Must have worked because he is building a multi-million ocean front  estate.

We decided to give our ex-Presidents a pension because it was a nationwide embarrassment that some of them (Truman comes to mind) were living in poverty after their Presidency. It is amazing to me that now, if you weren't a millionaire before, you are an absolute multi multi millionaire after. Public servant? Ha.

2 hours ago, Geee said:

Well, Obama promised to wave his hands and stop the seas from rising. Must have worked because he is building a multi-million ocean front  estate.

We decided to give our ex-Presidents a pension because it was a nationwide embarrassment that some of them (Truman comes to mind) were living in poverty after their Presidency. It is amazing to me that now, if you weren't a millionaire before, you are an absolute multi multi millionaire after. Public servant? Ha.

According to an analysis by 24/7 Wall St., the poorest U.S. president was Harry Truman—and though Truman was never extremely wealthy, he still collected a solid paycheck during and after the presidency

The Poorest Presidents

2 hours ago, Valin said:

According to an analysis by 24/7 Wall St., the poorest U.S. president was Harry Truman—and though Truman was never extremely wealthy, he still collected a solid paycheck during and after the presidency

Comes from a couple of bios I've read on him over the years.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Comes from a couple of bios I've read on him over the years.

I guess it depends on what Poverty is.