Can the Intolerant Left Accept a Loss?

Geee

roe-pocalypse-now-apocalypse-abortion
The American Conservative

Screen-Shot-2022-06-25-at-6_24.37-AM-e1656134727938.png.cefe85ecf10853ad70ebd93808fea0ea.png

I understand — or think I do — people who favor abortion rights. I think they are wrong, but I understand why they are upset over this Supreme Court ruling. But Kangmin Lee is right: the hysterical freakout over a ruling that overturns a badly-reasoned decision, and returns abortion law to the democratic political process, is so very telling.

• Like 1

@Geee

On Abortion THE QUESTION and The Only Question is. Is This A Human  Being? This is a question Pro-Choice people never/rarely ask or answer. Of course asking and answering this Small Simple question leads to some deeper questions. Which is why so  many pro-choice people don't want to think about it.

20 minutes ago, Geee said:
roe-pocalypse-now-apocalypse-abortion
The American Conservative

I understand — or think I do — people who favor abortion rights. I think they are wrong, but I understand why they are upset over this Supreme Court ruling. But Kangmin Lee is right: the hysterical freakout over a ruling that overturns a badly-reasoned decision, and returns abortion law to the democratic political process, is so very telling.

We can also see a number of Establishment Republicans who are terrified  of this ruling. Of course many of them are also the ones who don't want to talk about The Culture War. They think it is a losing issue. I believe (particularly Now!)its areal Winner. ie "My opponent believes America is a racist county...I do  not."  "My opponent believes 6 year old should be able to have transgender surgery preformed on them..I do not." "My opponent believes Law Enforcement needs to be reimagined and fewer criminals need to be incarcerated..I  do not."

2 hours ago, Valin said:

@Geee

On Abortion THE QUESTION and The Only Question is. Is This A Human  Being? This is a question Pro-Choice people never/rarely ask or answer. Of course asking and answering this Small Simple question leads to some deeper questions. Which is why so  many pro-choice people don't want to think about it.

I never never comment on FB - but yesterday was close. I have a niece who found some wild baby bunnies in her yard and was hand feeding them and losing them one by one. Just so upset and spending all kinds of money to try to save them and begging vets to see them. Of course they all died and she was beside herself. Her comments about the Court decision were just so ironic. If only those millions of babies that died had been bunnies :rolleyes:

• Like 1