Common sense isn't so common anymore - Ben Carson

Geee

common-sense-isnt-so-common-anymore
Washington Examiner

Common sense is not so common in today’s world — and I bet I’m not the only one who has noticed.

In the boardroom, the courtroom, the newsroom, and the classroom, everything has become “my way or the highway.” Our society cares more about amassing clicks, likes, and shares than the impact our actions have on others.

That is precisely why I decided to launch a brand new podcast dedicated to rediscovering common sense. Today more than ever, people are in dire need of honest conversations.

Historically, journalists have played an important role in keeping the public informed through objective reporting. Media outlets used to be a source of factual information and unbiased analysis that enlightened our society. Today, however, their sole purpose is to get higher ratings — even if doing so means manufacturing stories that stoke division and hatred among the people.

The best example of this shocking erosion of journalistic integrity is the Russia collusion hoax that the legacy media fueled for the entirety of former President Donald Trump’s term in the White House. Over the course of those four years, some of the most prestigious news outlets published some of the most bogus news articles in the history of Western journalism.

The infamous dossier of a Clinton opposition researcher, Christopher Steele, somehow became the foundation for most of the Russia collusion reporting — despite the fact that its claims were completely unsubstantiated. Instead of questioning the validity of this background material, a practice that used to be standard operating procedure for all political reporters, almost every major publication embraced it as gospel.

This shocking gullibility, it turns out, was remarkably selective. When the New York Post published its groundbreaking report about Hunter Biden’s incriminating laptop, most legacy media outlets either ridiculed the report or ignored it altogether.:snip:

• Like 1