Coffee Shop

Rheo

Via WireCutter

Just the sort of thing one would expect to hear from the John Birch Society....and no that's not a good thing.

SrWoodchuck

Via WireCutter

Just the sort of thing one would expect to hear from the John Birch Society....and no that's not a good thing.

It seems that it was a good video to see two types of action to rein in government. I figure some of the points are valid....a Convention would invite A-holes to try & change the Constitution to their own ends.

Nullification seems simpler.....and less dangerous.

I think we've gone so far left that....dammit....JBS seems almost rational.

Is the Republic worth saving? I still think so.

I don't think your preferred method of "reasoning out" and "talking 'til the cows come home" offers any better resolution, @Valin.

Via WireCutter

It seems that it was a good video to see two types of action to rein in government. I figure some of the points are valid....a Convention would invite A-holes to try & change the Constitution to their own ends.

Nullification seems simpler.....and less dangerous.

I think we've gone so far left that....dammit....JBS seems almost rational.

The A-Holes (as you rightly put it) will get involved either way. It's what they do.

Nullification throws out the Federal Constitution. If States can decide which Federal Laws are/are not Constitutional, then that is the end of the Federal Government, and we go back to something very much like the Articles Of Confederation. That worked out real well.

Almost being the operative word.

What we have is a Political problem, and the solution is found in Politics...ie good candidates (at all levels) that can explain to the voters just what the problem is, and how they want to solve it.

Something I heard Mark Levin say a couple of years ago (I paraphrase) "it has taken us 80 years to reach this point, and it will take that long to solve our problems"

Talking is going to solve our problems, its talking or...Man The Barricades....and that rarely works out well.