Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Loll, Sr Woodchuck. I getcha. However tread carefully - Karl Marx and some communists were also your fans.

As for Rush's book and my being a fan I know Valin was being sarcastic. However he is also being realsville about public perceptions of all things Rush and conservative.

As for the book its all about a substitute history teacher with a talking horse and their time travels back to historical events. They use a video phone to relay the "real" people and events they encounter back to the students in the classroom.

Not a new concept but lends itself to a well illustrated and living history.

If anyone can lay politics and personal opinion of Rush aside it is entertaining and enlightening.

• Like 1

Miss Beazley, White House Dog

President Bush released this statement:

This weekend our beloved dog, Miss Beazley, was put to rest after a battle with lymphoma. She was a source of joy during our time in Washington and in Dallas. She was a close companion to her blood relative, Barney. And even though he received all the attention, Beazley never held a grudge against him. She was a guardian to our cats, Bob and Bernadette, who – like Laura and I – will miss her.

Photos at link:

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/05/19/meet-miss-beazley/

• Like 1

CNN Orgasim ALERT.....

They now have a new top story that will probably outlast their missing flight MH370 reporting.

cnn1_zps7cef2098.jpg

BTW... I thought stuff like this only happens in the South. Last time I checked, NH was "Up North".

Don't get me wrong.. this is big news. An 82 year old bureaucrat in a town of 6,000.

Howard Dean: Republicans “are not American”
May 20, 2014.

Speaking at a fundraiser for a Colorado Democrat, Former DNC Chair and Democrat Presidential candidate Howard Dean sugested that all Republicans should leave the USA because “they are not American.”

“This country has been sold down the river by the right wing for their own purposes,” Dean told the wildly enthusiastic crowd. “This is a Republican Party that has decided they like power so much that they think it’s okay to win by taking away the right to vote. They are not American. They could be more comfortable in the Ukraine or Russia. But stay away from our country.”

So, a certain group of people is singled out by the political leadership as the source of all of society’s problems, and the state’s media apparatus is given unlimited license to attack those people. What sort of regimes do this, and what happens to those who are targeted by a political regime as enemies of the state?

(Snip)

clearvision

You are hearing it here first (well maybe, cause I have not searched on this). The next "big" scandal.... GM recalls (another one today) where delayed/covered up by US Government to keep the price of the stock up until the US unloaded.

clearvision

You are hearing it here first (well maybe, cause I have not searched on this). The next "big" scandal.... GM recalls (another one today) where delayed/covered up by US Government to keep the price of the stock up until the US unloaded.

Article somewhere?

No article, just my thoughts hearing of yet another recall today

Recall: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/21/business/gm-recalls-another-2-4-million-vehicles.html?_r=0

Up to 13million this year and a pretty serious one with the ignition issue with many killed.

Article somewhere?

No article, just my thoughts hearing of yet another recall today

Recall: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/21/business/gm-recalls-another-2-4-million-vehicles.html?_r=0

Up to 13million this year and a pretty serious one with the ignition issue with many killed.

Looked it up. Hearings from April:

"During the hearing, questions arose about whether the company disclosed the defect to the Obama administration before the federal bailout in 2009, which left U.S. taxpayers with 60 percent of GM’s stock. The government sold off its shares before the recalls were announced."

Found here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/04/02/223253/mccaskill-accuses-gm-chief-of.html