Coffee Shop

Rheo

Wife: The car broke down, it has water in the carburetor

Husb: What do you know about carburetors?

Wife: I am telling you, there is water in the carburetor.

Husb: Do you even know what a carburetor is?

Wife: Whatever. I do know there is water in the carburetor.

Husb: Incredible. Where is the car now?

Wife: In the pool..

• Like 3

Wife: The car broke down, it has water in the carburetor

Husb: What do you know about carburetors?

Wife: I am telling you, there is water in the carburetor.

Husb: Do you even know what a carburetor is?

Wife: Whatever. I do know there is water in the carburetor.

Husb: Incredible. Where is the car now?

Wife: In the pool..

laugh.png

I received this email yesterday.

I gotta say that ham-handedness of this solicitation surprised me... even with my alreadly low expectations for Bohner and the GOP "machine".

==================

Michael, this can’t be right.

Chairman Walden just emailed me a list of NRCC members for 2013, and I don't see your name.

You've been one of the NRCC’s most loyal supporters in the past so I know this must be a mistake.

It's not too late to join our efforts to create jobs, stop reckless Washington spending, and repeal the President's train wreck of a health care law: nrcc.org/renew.

Please don't wait another moment. Renew your 2013 NRCC membership today with a gift of $45.

And if you renew by tomorrow at midnight I will triple your donation, so your gift of $45 will have an impact of $135.

Thanks,

John Boehner

Speaker of the House

=================

I typed an "appropriate" response... but as I expected, the email robot that sent this out was not received emails.

Its started with, "Hey John... believe what your eyes are telling you!"

Just amazing and so disheartening.

BTW... I wonder whhich pocket John's tripling donation will come from? Might even come from Obama's stash.

I can't believe that! What hutzpah! Like he's doing any of those things!!!! I'll bet that doesn't bring in much money at all- Most people who are contributors know the ropes and are not like mind numbed Democrats, they know better!!!

I rest my case:

OUR BIPOLAR DEMOCRATS

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/08/our-bipolar-democrats.php

The Onion: The Case For And Against Intervening In Syria

While the Obama administration has been considering an armed intervention in Syria following the gassing deaths of hundreds of Syrian civilians, a vocal movement in Congress and among the general public has emerged in opposition of any U.S. military role. Here are the arguments for and against American involvement in the war-torn Middle Eastern nation:

(Snip)

Glancing through my previous home town newspaper on line this morning I saw this:

Guide lists 1,400 health, human services: The Find Help Lake County Guide contains more than 1,400 health and human services available to Lake County residents. These high-quality community resources cover a broad spectrum of concerns — from teen pregnancy to uninsured families to substance abuse and those living with domestic violence. Individuals, families and service providers are able to access www.FindHelpLakeCounty.org and search a database of health and human services provided by agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The website contains more than 1,000 agencies that have provided their information. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130830/news/708309661/

Now my LibSis would look at this and say how wonderful it was that there were all those resources available. I look at and say - 1000 agencies!!!!!!! 1400 services!!!!!!! That is INSANE!!!!!

• Like 2

Glancing through my previous home town newspaper on line this morning I saw this:

Guide lists 1,400 health, human services: The Find Help Lake County Guide contains more than 1,400 health and human services available to Lake County residents. These high-quality community resources cover a broad spectrum of concerns — from teen pregnancy to uninsured families to substance abuse and those living with domestic violence. Individuals, families and service providers are able to access www.FindHelpLakeCounty.org and search a database of health and human services provided by agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The website contains more than 1,000 agencies that have provided their information. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130830/news/708309661/

Now my LibSis would look at this and say how wonderful it was that there were all those resources available. I look at and say - 1000 agencies!!!!!!! 1400 services!!!!!!! That is INSANE!!!!!

And you are paying for it, @Geee!

From Pat Sajak on Twitter:

Pat Sajak account ‏@patsajak https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/373451830262366209/photo/1

This reportedly found in White House trash following Syria strategy session.

BS7EdgSCEAEl0rY.jpg

LMFAO.gif

thinking.gif Does it?

That's why foreign policy in the Mid-east is so hard, @Valin. In those times when tough decisions need to be made,ValJar will do it using, Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. She forgot to post this for the First Puppet:

Rock+paper+scissors+lizard+spock.jpg

The Week in Pictures: Memory Hole Edition

Steven Hayward

8/31/13

Well, the Democrats had fun this week, with their partisan pep rally on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther Kings I Have Dream Speech, whose central principles todays liberals wish to have declared unconstitutional. Heh. And I cant help delight in the spectacle of watching John Kerry have to flush global test down the toilet. Whats that old line: Those whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad.

(Snip)

449x600xDem-Dec-copy-2-449x600.jpg.pages

(Snip)

580x426xRacial-Strife-copy-600x441.jpg.p

584x447xSyria-Protest-copy.jpg.pagespeed

(Snip)

580x462xGOP-Poll-copy-600x478.jpg.pagesp

(Snip)

509x600xTattoo-copy-509x600.jpg.pagespee

(Snip)

512x591xFire-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QMRXi

• Like 1

@SrWoodchuck

blush.png Thank you. Suddenly it is all so clear to me.

But another question....

mary-ann.jpg

How does Mary Ann figure into this?

@Valin

Per Wiki:

In a debate to which girl was more attractive out of Ginger and Mary Ann, Mary Ann has continuously outpolled Ginger. Mary Ann's wholesome girl-next-door looks caused her to be more favorable to being a heterosexual man's dream wife and women's model of themselves.

Consequently, she has no interest for metrosexual Baracky Boy.......and is anathema to Progressives.

Mn. Democrats are much better people because they co-sign more bills.

And they name their bills better than Republicans... names that make you feel all warm and fuzzy or names that could bring a tear to a glass eye.

It really doesn't matter that the name has nothing to do with the content of the bill... or if it even is the exact opposite of what the bill says. That is if anyone ever took the time to read it.

The Americans Who Love Baby Panda's Act of 2013 - Requires annual IRS audit of any citizen who has donated to a Republican candidate in the last 20 years.

panda.jpg

It really doesn't matter that the name has nothing to do with the content of the bill... or if it even is the exact opposite of what the bill says. That is if anyone ever took the time to read it.

For Bills in Congress, How Long is Long?

November 24, 2009

Donny Shaw

And The Left had a great deal of fun over this....missing Herman's larger point.

Congress loves these huge bills, because, you can always slip a little something in there to help your friends. And don't get me started of the regulations that come from these bills. Obamacare 27 hundred pages, the regulations...20 thousand pages! God doesn't even know what they say, but I guarantee you, you and I will be in multiple violations.

/rant #209,814,335

He is right - this is really hard to do.

Current rating: 4.2 (6 ratings)
Sermon 660 : Humility The Queen of the Virtues : 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
9/1/2013
Please click the play button above to listen now.
This week's readings focus on the importance of humility. Humility is the foundation for the whole of spirituality. In order to truly pursue truth and goodness, it is necessary to let go of the ego and realize that everything we have and are is a gift from God.

The reason why Congress has the responsibility for sending our military to war & not our pResident, Valerie Jarrett.

BBC News uses 'Iraq photo to illustrate Syrian massacre' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html

The BBC is facing criticism after it accidentally used a picture taken in Iraq in 2003 to illustrate the senseless massacre of children in Syria.

Photographer Marco di Lauro said he nearly “fell off his chair” when he saw the image being used, and said he was “astonished” at the failure of the corporation to check their sources.

The picture, which was actually taken on March 27, 2003, shows a young Iraqi child jumping over dozens of white body bags containing skeletons found in a desert south of Baghdad.

It was posted on the BBC news website today under the heading “Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows”.

The caption states the photograph was provided by an activist and cannot be independently verified, but says it is “believed to show the bodies of children in Houla awaiting burial”.

A BBC spokesman said the image has now been taken down.

Scissors-32x32.png

Not_houla_but_Iraq_2231672c.jpg

Via smalldeadanimals

Actor’s ‘selfless service’ earns him title of honorary US Marine http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/01/actors-selfless-service-earns-him-title-of-honorary-us-marine-82542

Well known for his portrayal of “Lt. Dan” in “Forrest Gump,” actor and musician Gary Sinise was named an honorary U.S. Marine during a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on Friday, according to a statement released by the U.S. Marine Corps website.

“This was one of the most extraordinary nights,” Sinise said in the statement. “I was totally surprised by what the general gave me tonight. I’m humbled, shocked, moved and motivated to keep standing up for our men and women and giving back to them.”

Gen. James F. Amos, the Marine Corps’ commandant, hosted the ceremony at his home at the Marine Barracks.

“There is little I can say to enhance the rich reputation Gary Sinise has earned, both in the spotlight as an immensely talented actor, and less conspicuously as a tireless advocate for our men and women in uniform,” Amos said in the statement. “What I can do, what I am privileged and proud to do, is to recognize this humble patriot’s selfless service by making him an Honorary Marine.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Via DougRoss@Journal

Actor’s ‘selfless service’ earns him title of honorary US Marine http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/01/actors-selfless-service-earns-him-title-of-honorary-us-marine-82542

Well known for his portrayal of “Lt. Dan” in “Forrest Gump,” actor and musician Gary Sinise was named an honorary U.S. Marine during a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on Friday, according to a statement released by the U.S. Marine Corps website.

“This was one of the most extraordinary nights,” Sinise said in the statement. “I was totally surprised by what the general gave me tonight. I’m humbled, shocked, moved and motivated to keep standing up for our men and women and giving back to them.”

Gen. James F. Amos, the Marine Corps’ commandant, hosted the ceremony at his home at the Marine Barracks.

“There is little I can say to enhance the rich reputation Gary Sinise has earned, both in the spotlight as an immensely talented actor, and less conspicuously as a tireless advocate for our men and women in uniform,” Amos said in the statement. “What I can do, what I am privileged and proud to do, is to recognize this humble patriot’s selfless service by making him an Honorary Marine.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Via DougRoss@Journal

Hardcore Sinise fan! Always have been, always will be.

• Like 2

I guess that hamhandidness is an uncurable condition...

... at least for John Bonner and the Republican National Committee fund raisers.

After his email that set me off earlier last week.... "John" follows it up with this friendly note to his old buddy Michael.

================

Subject: Hey Michael

Michael,

President Obama is raising millions to help Nancy Pelosi take back the House in 2014.

Contributions from supporters like you will help us make sure that never happens.

Our August 31st fundraising deadline is less than 24 hours away, and we need to finish strong.

It's not too late to join our efforts to create jobs and repeal the president's disastrous health care law.

Please don't wait another moment. Renew your 2013 NRCC membership today with a gift of $50.

And if you renew before midnight on August 31st I will triple your donation, so your gift of $50 will have an impact of $150.

Thanks,

John Boehner
Speaker of the House

==================

I'm not sure what the deadline might be other than August only has 31 days. Go figure.