Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

I am going to save $30,000

:lol:

Subscriptions for Local, Regional, National and International media outlets are available. Data can be purchased at the statewide, regional and national level. Subscription prices vary by type of media outlet and by size of state and media market. The range is $1000 to $5750 per state. Results for the National Exit Poll are available for $30,000.

Somewhat Reasonable

by Jim Lakely/Heartland Institute

:D

As they come in, I’ll be posting Election Night predictions from Heartland staffers. To get things started, here are mine:

snip

* Keith Olbermann hides under his desk in the fetal position by 9 p.m. EDT.

* Rachel Maddow calls the Tea Party racist, wonders on the air how America let the Klan take over the government.

* Chris Matthews shockingly pins the blame for this electoral disaster squarely on Obama for over-reaching, and says, on the whole, it’s a good thing for Democrats that Nancy Pelosi has been de-fanged.

* Peter Jennings, from the grave, says America has thrown another temper tantrum.

* Bill O’Reilly says the word “folks” at least 20 times in his coverage.

* Juan Williams will actually smile – but not as broadly as Brit Hume.

* I am disappointed that no one grabs that GIGANTIC GAVEL Pelosi taunted the Tea Party with on the way to vote on Obamacare and subjects it to a ritual burning — like Jimi Hendrix burning his guitar at Woodstock.

snip

Top Races to Watch by WSJ

Nevada Senate

Kentucky Senate

Wisconsin Senate

Colorado Senate

California Senate

California Governor

Florida Senate

Ohio Governor

Florida governor

Colorado Governor

New Mexico Governor

Once he gets done in India, Obama visits Indonesia

Istiqlal Mosque Visit on Barack Obama’s Itinerary During Indonesia Trip

snipBen Rhodes, the US deputy national security adviser, said Obama would arrive on Nov. 9 in the country he lived in for four years as a child, according to the official White House Web site.

While here, Obama will give a speech that will focus on “outreach to Muslim communities around the world, while also speaking of Indonesia’s pluralism and tolerance,” Rhodes said.

snip

Indonesian Islamic Groups Plan Protests for Obama Visit

Farouk Arnaz & Agencies | November 03, 2010

snip

Jakarta. A coalition of 53 Islamic groups planning to protest next week’s state visit by US President Barack Obama say they have not decided what form of action to take, given the president’s proclivity for canceling his trips here.

At least one group leader also said the visit would be the perfect time for Obama to come out as a Muslim, which many in the United States incorrectly believe he secretly is.

snip

“It will be the right moment for him to say the shahada,” he said, referring to the Muslim declaration of belief in one god and acceptance of Muhammad as his prophet.

snip

"At least one group leader also said the visit would be the perfect time for Obama to come out as a Muslim, which many in the United States incorrectly believe he secretly is."

surpcomp.jpg

I'll have what he's smoking. That does not compute....

Washington Examiner 2010 election guide By: David Freddoso

For political junkies planning to keep score on Tuesday night, here’s a guide to races of particular interest, in order of poll closing times. There are roughly 500 federal and governors' elections, so I've tried to leave out as many non-competitive races as possible, unless they represent pickups for one party or the other.

Note that for states split between time zones, the races are listed under the hour when all voting in the state or district finishes. For example, polls close at 6 p.m. in Indiana’s the 9th district but at 7 p.m. in the Senate race and in the eighth and second districts (which is split between Eastern and Central).

IN-9: Think of Rep. Baron Hill, D, as the canary in the coal mine. If he survives this challenge from Todd Young, then something is not happening that the GOP expected. Republicans might be facing an evening of disappointment.

snip

Anyone interested in following Iowa Granny's race today the Iowa results can be found at:

http://www.kcrg.com/

Believe it or not they have spent one half a billion with a B against her-in a STATE race :blink:

She is district 45.

Missouri Voter Registration System Glitch Leads to Delays

Missouri's statewide voter registration computer system has been down, creating delays in verifying voter registrations, according to local election officials.

"This issue is with Internet access to the voter look-up function," Laura Egerdal, spokeswoman for Missouri's secretary of state, told Fox News.

The system has been down since about 7:15 a.m., according to the Kansas City Star.

Egerdal said that there is not an issue with the voter registration database itself, and that election workers have manually been looking up voters.snip

I'm starting to wonder if we aren't being had by the media again....dems despair, Gop tidal wave, etc.....and then they end up not losing the seats.

Ok, probably nap time for me.

Beware “leaked” exit polls

Edison Research, the largest and most widely used company for conducting exit polls during US federal elections, is conducting research in 26 states today. Per a contact of mine at the Mobile Press-Register, all exit polling data will be quarantined until 4:30 CDT. None of the races in Alabama or Mississippi are being sampled according to my source, but the Florida Senate and Governor races are, as is the Senate Race in Louisiana.

snip

POLITICAL WIRE

Note on Exit Polls

Exit polls are being conducted in 26 states today but the results will be quarantined until at least 5:30 pm ET.

Anything you might hear before then is based on uninformed speculation. Of course, much of what you hear after that time might be as well.

Can someone PLEASE get the hook and take Shepard Smith off FOXNEWS today? He was unbearable a few minutes ago when he was interviewing John McCain (who was unbearable himself).

Shepard asked McCain if he'd support Sarah Palin for President. McCain sputtered and spewed and said he wasn't ready to endorse anyone. And that we had a long way to go before making a decision for 2012.

Why couldn't he have just said, "If Sarah is the Republican nominee... of course I'll support her... but it's a long way to go before we see who's running and have to make that decision."

Watching Shepard and John reminded me of these two guys...

dumb.jpg

I mustered up my courage and figured that I could venture into the DUmp with Pepper walking point.

This is a motivational and incisive video posted there to rally their troops. Penetrating to say the least!

NCTexan

I just played it back. Had it off.

Shep and McCain saw a clip of Sarah and McCain quipped: "I think Sarah learned some straight talk. Heh heh heh."

What a quipper.

Sarah was talking straight before McCain was leaning over to our Friends on the Left.

Guest areafiftyone

I'm starting to wonder if we aren't being had by the media again....dems despair, Gop tidal wave, etc.....and then they end up not losing the seats.

Ok, probably nap time for me.

George Allen is warning the same thing. Remember 2006 when we thought we had it made because of high voter turnout and poof! But with him it just could be "sour grapes". Macaca!! :rolleyes:

Delaware Dems claim GOP intimidation, worry about turnout

Delaware's state Democratic Party is claiming that supporters of Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell are creating problems at some polling locations in the state.snip

In an e-mail to supporters early Tuesday afternoon, Coons campaign manager Christy Gleason wrote that the campaign was observing "lower turnout in New Castle and Kent counties than we’re comfortable with." snip

Meanwhile, the state's commissioner of elections, Elaine Manlove, confirmed to The Ballot Box that after receiving several complaints from voters at polling stations Tuesday, she contacted the O'Donnell campaign and asked that it direct its supporters to tone down their efforts.

She said O'Donnell backers were crowding the exterior of several polling places in anticipation of the candidate's arrival, which briefly restricted access for some voters. snip

edited to add in one of the comments:

As a Delaware voter in New Castle. I saw no disturbances when I went to the polls. In fact, I saw only Democrats in front of poll stations handing out material and trying to get voters to vote Democrat.

http://www.politico.com/hp/wbarchive/whiteboard11022010.html

SCARCE IN NEVADA: Voter turnout has been on the low side in Nevada's most populous county, Clark: 41,810 residents there voted between 7 a.m. and about 10:30 a.m., fewer than a quarter of the 190,000 votes that the local registrar had projected for Election Day.

This would be good news if it holds/ is true. Reid supposedly needs at least a 10% win in Clark to have a chance.

http://www.politico.com/hp/wbarchive/whiteboard11022010.html

November 02, 2010 - 03:25PM

LIGHTS, CAMERA ... -- Democrats are looking to boost voter turnout in Philadelphia by calling in some celebrities, like Tatyana Ali (from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air") and the rapper Common.

Ha. Some real celebrities. Now, bring out the rapper, Uncommon, and I'm there. :P

Charles Krauthammer

I'll be commenting tonight during Fox's election night coverage. Catch me live from our DC studio on and off between 6:55 pm and midnight.