Barr to come out swinging in House testimony, decrying senseless violence and Russia probe abuses

Geee

barr-come-out-swinging-house-testimony-decrying-senseless-violence-and-russia

"To tacitly condone destruction and anarchy is to abandon the basic rule-of-law principles," the attorney general says in prepared testimony slamming liberal mayors.

Attorney General Bill Barr is planning a full-throated defense of his work inside the Justice Department and that of police nationwide when appearing before hostile House Democrats on Wednesday, condemning both the "bogus Russiagate scandal" and the senseless violence rocking U.S. cities.:snip:

Barr expected to blast Democrats for efforts to 'discredit' him in upcoming hearing

Attorney General William Barr is expected to come out swinging when he testifies on Capitol Hill Tuesday, accusing Democrats of falsely seeking to paint him as a Trump loyalist and challenging them to denounce violence in Portland, Ore.

In particular, Barr will seek to defend himself against what he calls attempts by Democrats to "discredit" him because he chose to investigate the origins of the FBI's probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to a copy of his opening statement obtained by The Hill.  

"Ever since I made it clear that I was going to do everything I could to get to the bottom of the grave abuses involved in the bogus 'Russiagate scandal,' many of the Democrats on this Committee have attempted to discredit me by conjuring up a narrative that I am simply the President’s factotum who disposes of criminal cases according to his instructions," Barr writes.:snip:

‘Obsessed’: Jim Jordan and GOP defend Barr against 'absurd' attacks by Democrats

Republicans plan to mount an all-out defense of Attorney General William Barr against the “absurd” attacks leveled against him when he appears before the Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, calling him “the right man” for the job. 

Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, the ranking GOP member on the committee, released a 50-page Republican staff report titled “Examining Democrat Allegations Against Attorney General William Barr” shortly before the top DOJ official was scheduled to appear on Capitol Hill. The report, obtained by the Washington Examiner, provides a lengthy defense of Barr’s actions since taking over the job in early 2019, making the case that Barr has responded properly to the coronavirus pandemic and to the violence in a number of cities nationwide. The tome also hammers President Barack Obama's Justice Department and argues that Democrats are upset that Barr is exposing misdeeds committed during the Trump-Russia investigation. 

:snip:

BTW that mask Jerry (kind or sort of) put on is a DUST MASK. it is about as useful as tits on a bore when it comes to covid19.