‘I’m Not Apologizing’: Goya Foods CEO Refuses To Apologize For Pro-Trump Remarks

Geee

goya-foods-ceo-trump-white-house

The CEO of Goya Foods is refusing to back down in the face of a boycott over his comments praising President Donald Trump.

Goya Foods President and CEO Bob Unanue came under fire after he said at the White House Thursday that “we’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder,” according to Fox News. His comments sparked calls to boycott Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the country.

:snip:

Conservatives Urge Goya ‘Buycott’ to Counter Hate for CEO Who Praised Trump

The left has launched a boycott campaign against Goya Food products after president and CEO Bob Unanue praised President Donald Trump at a White House event on Thursday to announce the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative.

But Unanue is not backing down and support for him and his company is growing, including some encouraging people to “buycott” instead of boycott Goya products.

Unanue said on Fox and Friends on Friday about his remarks at the White House about the country being blessed to have Trump as president:

We were part of a commission called the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative and they called on us to be there to see how we could help opportunities within the economic and educational realm for prosperity among Hispanics and among the United States.

“My brother came up with a terrific idea and I am encouraging all to join me in purchasing $10 worth of @GoyaFoods products and donating them to your local food bank. Let’s push a BUY-cott, not a boycott. Let’s show the #Goyaway people what compassion can do,” podcast host Mike Opelka tweeted on Friday.

His tweet has thousands of retweets and likes.:snip: