A Voice of Sanity and Truth

Valin

a-voice-of-sanity-and-truth.php

John Hinderaker

June 29, 2020

Congressman Dean Phillips represents Minnesota’s Third Congressional District. On June 22, he emailed his supporters, stating that “Racism is deeply ingrained…in our institutions, and in our everyday lives.” He posted a similar message on Facebook and has created a “resource guide” on his website for “racial justice allyship” to “understand our nation’s” black experience and combat “systemic racism” in America. Kendall Qualls is the Republican nominee running against Phillips. Qualls posted this response to Phillips and emailed it to me. It is reproduced here with his permission.

In response to my opponent, Dean Phillips, and his attempt to convey the Black experience and redefine America in the process, I’m going to tell you what it’s really like to be a Black man in America.

My opponent’s virtue signaling insults me, and it should insult you too. Dean Phillips got his degree in Urban Studies from an Ivy League School in the Northeast. I got my degree in Urban Studies from the streets of Harlem in New York City.

Yet, unlike him, I’m not going to lecture you on the evils of white people, or guilt you into believing that “white privilege” makes you personally responsible for slavery and the struggles Black people face today.

(Snip)

I’m not afraid to tell you that life isn’t fair. Like all countries, America has its imperfections. But with faith and hard work, you have the freedom in this country to overcome your circumstances and build a better life. I’m proof of it. I want to protect the freedom that allowed my opponent’s family to prosper, allowed me and my family to improve our lot in life, and make sure that freedom is here so you and your family can prosper too.

Today, we have a unique opportunity to put forth a model for racial healing and economic prosperity for all. The truth is when Black Americans prosper, we all prosper. But we will not get there by destroying monuments to abolitionists, removing pictures of Abraham Lincoln from the Minnesota House Chamber, or defunding police in the communities that need it most.

Instead, we must take action – in Minnesota and across our nation. We must speak up, protect our history, and promote principled solutions to heal our nation.

If we don’t, who will?

Kendall Qualls is a former U.S. Army Field Artillery Officer and a successful businessman who has worked for Johnson & Johnson, Roche Labs and Medtronic/Covidien. I don’t know him well, but he is an impressive candidate and a good guy. You can donate here if you would like to support his campaign.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

v5NR76GB_400x400.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Congressman Dean Phillips

5dd58d3bc45fe.image.jpg?resize=400%252C4

Kendall Qualls

Which of these two people do you think has abetter handle on what it is like to be a Black Man in America? Boy That's a real tough question.