Minneapolis Man Regrets Calling The Cops On Two Teens Who Mugged Him At Gun Point

Valin

minneapolis-man-regrets-calling-the-cops-on-two-teens-who-mugged-him-at-gun-point

A Minneapolis citizen who is living in a neighborhood where citizens are swearing off the police expressed regret to The New York Times for calling the cops on two black teenage boys after they mugged him at gunpoint.

Chris White

June 25, 2020

A Minneapolis citizen who is living in a neighborhood where citizens are swearing off the police expressed regret to The New York Times for calling the cops on two black teenage boys after they mugged him at gunpoint.

Mitchell Erickson called 911 after two boys cornered him outside of his home a block away from Powderhorn Park, a nearby park that has become an encampment for homeless people, the Times reported Wednesday.

(Snip)

There are roughly 300 new homeless residents who are now calling the Powderhorn Park home, according to the Times report, which highlights the plight of other residents in Erickson’s neighborhood.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson wrote in a text to a Times reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

(Snip)

Erickson said later that he would not cooperate with prosecutors, according to paper. Despite his regrets, Erickson still feels it was the correct move to alert the authorities because there was a gun involved.

The Moron Chip Theory:

Deep within the brain of most humans, resides the Moron chip. This chip, when working properly, is constantly observing the person's behavior. In the event of dangerous or stupid behavior, it will go into alarm mode. Historically, this chip may be what helped the smarter cavemen to not become "food" or "stuff on a rock".

What we have here is a moron chip failure

10 minutes ago, Geee said:

Minneapolis Mn. Hot & Humid in the summer...Colder than the 9th circle of hell in the winter....Lousy sports teams..Really high taxes...and chock Full of really Really Dumb People. Seattle Wa. We're really Progressive....Minneapolis...Hold My (micro brewed) Beer! :wacko:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The panic in Powderhorn Park

Scott Johnson

July 15 2020

Brian Kilmeade is filling in for Tucker Carlson on Tucker Carlson Tonight this week. Last night I was invited to discuss the homeless encampment that has sprung up in Minneapolis’s Powderhorn Park. The encampment has attracted national attention, as in Caitlyn Dickerson’s June 24 New York Times story “A Minneapolis Neighborhood Vowed to Check Its Privilege. It’s Already Being Tested.”

I have embedded video of the entire show below. The segment on Powderhorn Park begins at 20:00. Brian Kilmeade’s introduction concisely covers the story. The park encampment has been the scene of three sexual assaults int he past few weeks, two of the three involving juvenile victims. It’s a sad situation.

Brian Kilmeade caught me by surprise with the question what is to be done? If I had had my wits about me, I would have suggested that the authorities clear the park by repurposing the empty warehouse purchased by the state of Minnesota to serve as a morgue for the thousands of COVID-19 fatalities anticipated by Governor Walz. I wrote about it just last week in “Financial murders in the no rue morgue.”

(Snip)

• 5 weeks later...

Activists clash with police trying to remove homeless camp

Activists clashed with police Friday morning as law enforcement removed the homeless encampment from Powderhorn Park in Minneapolis.

Kyle Hooten

August 14, 2020

Police began to remove the sprawling homeless encampment at Powderhorn Park Friday morning, but were met with resistance.

Powderhorn Park was taken over by a massive homeless encampment two months ago. While the camp existed, residents of the surrounding neighborhood feared for their safety as a child was sexually assaulted, shots rang out on multiple occasions, and violent crime reached a rate 188% above the national average. After more than 60 days, the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) took action to remove the camp but were greeted by an angry mob, resulting in the deployment of tear gas, according to reports.

The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board served eviction notices on July 31 to the inhabitants of the camp at Powderhorn Park. When police arrived to clear the camp 14 days later on Friday morning, they brought skid loaders and garbage trucks with them.

(Snip)

BODIES NEEDED AT *POWDERHORN WEST* ON CALL FOR EVICTION DEFENSE, COPS ARE ACTIVELY EVICTING POWDERHORN NOW. BOBCAT AT POWDERHORN TO CLEAR TENTS

(Snip)
Tear gas deployed against eviction defense volunteers at Powderhorn park