Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geee

Goofs, gaffes and brainfarts: Trump sets sights on Biden's Achilles heel

10 posts in this topic

joe-biden-gaffes-are-achilles-heel-trump-campaign-

President Trump is convinced that Joseph R. Biden has an Achilles heel and it’s none other than Joe Biden himself.

The nation’s 45th president and his reelection team believe that sunlight is the best disinfectant when it comes to denting Mr. Biden’s image among voters on the fence.

The bet is simple: The more attention Mr. Biden gets from the news media, the better the chances the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee will shoot himself in the foot with goofs, gaffes and brainfarts that could give voters pause.

“It is a recognition of the fact that Biden has somewhat benefited by being able to hole up in his basement and very much control how and when he interacts with the media,” said Mark P. Jones, a political science professor at Rice University. “Right now he is just about as old as Ronald Reagan was when [Reagan] left office after his second term and I think everyone knows [Biden‘s] mental acuity is not what it used to be.

“The other is the belief is that mentally he is not 100% there and that another impact of greater media attention would be to reveal memory lapses, the mincing up of words, and any sign that could suggest that he may not be fit to serve as president.”:snip:

Joe Biden says there are ‘120 million dead from COVID’ in latest gaffe

Self-proclaimed “gaffe machine” Joe Biden added several extra zeroes to the nation’s coronavirus death toll during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania — prompting President Trump to slam the prospective Democratic nominee’s “mortifyingly stupid” comment.

“People don’t have a job, people don’t know where to go, they don’t know what to do,” the former vice president said in Lancaster on Thursday, Fox News reported. “Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID.”:snip:

POLL: 38 Percent of Americans Think Joe Biden Has Dementia

Nearly 4 in 10 Americans think former vice president Joe Biden is suffering from dementia, according to the results of a poll published Monday. A clear majority of voters think Biden should publicly address his noticeably deteriorating cognitive functions.

The poll, conducted by Rasmussen, found that 38 percent of likely voters believe that Biden has dementia. That includes 20 percent of Democrats and 30 percent of independent voters. Nearly two-thirds of Republicans said they thought Biden has the condition, which is characterized by cognitive deficits such as the inability to string together complex sentences.

A significant majority of voters—61 percent—said it was important that Biden publicly address the dwindling dexterity of his brain, with 41 percent saying it was "very important" to hear from Biden on the issue, assuming he is able to discuss it in a somewhat coherent fashion.

:snip:

Biden: ‘All You’ve Got to Do Is Watch Me’ to See if I’m Suffering Cognitive Decline

"All you’ve got to do is watch me,” former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday when asked if he had experienced cognitive decline at age.

“Have you been tested for some degree of cognitive decline?” Fox News’ Doug McKelway asked the 77 year-old Biden at a press conference.

Biden did not reveal the results, but did acknowledge that he’s “constantly tested” and would love to match wits with President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential race:

“I’ve been tested, I’m constantly tested. Look, all you’ve got to do is watch me and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against. Thank you so much.”:snip: